Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ROW80 Check-in #13


It’s check-in time again. Where does the week go? Anyway, it’s been a week of ups and down, but I’ll get to that in a minute. First, the goals:


Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
I’m falling down here, but will make it up before Sunday’s check-in.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
Ok, this is where it all begins. After consulting with my editor, my WIP was put on the back burner in favor of a fresh start on another project, the second in the new Vampire series. Sigh.  Will get it started tomorrow.

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
Here’s where I hit the heartbreak. I finally published the Vampire story I’ve been talking about for ages. I am quite pleased with this one. It is my best work by far. No sooner did it publish when Smashwords went down for two days. Meanwhile I was blithely promoting the book like crazy, but no one could get to it. Bugger and damn! So, let’s try it again.  Here she is:
 For millions of years a rogue meteor hurtles through space towards Earth, glowing from the vast fields of radiation through which it has passed. A primitive human female gazes in wonder as the burning invader hurtles toward the ground, unaware of the great beast stalking her. All three meet in an instant. Flash forward to the present, yes, she is still here, she has always been here, stalking us, feeding off us, and so have those she has created.

Back to my goals:

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I finished reading Keeper by Kristine Williams. Great story and I will post a review tomorrow on my blog.

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
I’m all set to start a new book, but haven’t decided which one yet. I’ll let you know on Sunday.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
Working, but the research is demanding. :)

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.






7 comments:

  1. Wow...that cover is SCARY! WOW! I love it! I'll help you promote! I look forward to your next review. Damn Smashwords. Okay, those comments were all out of order. LOL Research is fun. I love it, but you're right, it IS demanding.

    I hit my target this week with my epubbed book!!!! Wahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April. Yeah, she is a scary babe alright, not a girl to annoy. :) Girl, I will take all the help I can get. I appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. As soon as I can figure out how, there will be a link on my blog leading here. With my minimal readership at the moment, it may take a little time before it is very effective but I am trying! At this point my readership is intimately familiar with your work;) Got through a couple of pages of Moira during a lull today. Can't wait to finish it and move on to Tigress.
      As for my goals, I accomplished the ones not related to writing. Am planning to go to my page after this and post a new blog. That is the extent of my writing goals for this week. Anything more is gravy. Hoping for lots of gravy.

      Delete
    3. I'm with you Charis, bring on the gravy. :)

      Delete
    4. I figured it out the linking thing! Goal for next week, read more blogs, add more links.

      Delete
  2. Pru, I learned a long time ago that setting goals for me is only setting myself up for failure ... which may explain why that's what I seem to get anyway. Hmmm ... a mobius-type thought, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with a easy one until the habit forms Chris. Set yourself up for success first. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest