Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Moira, Book #4 in the St. John’s series.


Hi folks, here we are with another book in the St. John’s series of romances. I originally wrote the St. John's series back around the turn of the century. I began at the request of a friend (a psychologist) who was looking for tools that could help folks overcome emotional trauma. She liked my life philosophy and wanted a self-help book, but a series of romances seemed like it would be more interesting and fun to read. The St. John's series was the result. I had lived there before and loved the city.


As life would have it, the series remained on my computer, read by only a few friends, for many years. When I began self-publishing I debated long and hard about putting these stories up for the public or just let them rest. Eventually I published book #6 of the series to see if I could market them. Mildred and Cecile did quite well, so I decided to bring out the rest of the novels in the series.

The series begins with Calan #1, Angela #2, Clan MacLeod #3, and now I have added Moira #4.
Moira is the story of a survivor, a young woman who has seen the underbelly of our society and lived to tell the tale. Moira takes a desperate gamble and her luck changes. Using her street smarts to help her escape to a new life, Moira encounters a new possibility. Once again she pushes her luck. Here’s where you can find Moira:

I hope you're enjoying this series and I hope Moira will not disappoint. Enjoy.

Later this month or early next I hope to publish my book on vampires. This promises to be my best work by far. You can see the first draft of the first chapter here: http://www.prudencemacleod.com/p/immortal-tigress.html

18 comments:

  1. Just in time for Valentine's Day! Wishing you every success with the book, Pru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane. I had actually forgotten that Valentine's day is nearly upon us. Shriek! I have shopping to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a prolific writer, Prudence! In case you weren't aware. ;) I say you give your book out as valentines...perhaps a sample here, too??

    Big time congrats on your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks August. :)) Sure, I'll give you a book for Valentines. Which one would you like? First in the series perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mildred and Cecile was number 6 in St. John's? I loved that one and reread it frequently! I can relate to Mildred's lonliness and love the tenderness that she finds with Cecile. She found both home and love in a beautiful story. I can't wait to read Moira. Unfortuantely it will have to wait a week or so, but I look forward to going back to St. John's in the pages of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Crystianna, yes, Mildred and Cecile was #6. By now you should have recognized a couple of the characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once I processed the fact that it was #6, I sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Prudence! Wow, you sure are prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new book Prudence. I wish you all the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Girl, you are such a super supporter. You rock.

      Delete
  10. Hey, I'm retired ... well, unemployed anyway ... and I can't kick out stuff on a pace like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a cool book! It was the perfect time for me to take a break from reality and visit Prudence MaCleod's world. I read the first chapter of the fifth book at the end of book four, and now I'm dying to finish it! Thanks for all your hard work, Pru!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SC, so glad you enjoyed it. Book #5 is now in the rewrite stage. should be ready late February or early March.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest