Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ROW80 Check-in #15


It’s check-in time again and I’m feeling a lot better about my progress.  This is turning out to be a productive week. What did I do? Let’s see:


Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
So far so good since Sunday.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
Rolling here. I have over 3000 words on my new WIP, another 1000+ on a book I’m revising, and now I can do some catch up for what I missed last week. Awesome!

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
I did not publish a single book this week. I did, however, put the Immortal Tigress up FREE for three days on Amazon. Today is day two of that promo. Check it out here:


Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I still owe Robert Taylor a review of A Breath of Hope. I will get on that this afternoon and, with luck, get it published on my blog tomorrow. Check out the book here:
Cover for 'A Breath of Hope'

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
I’m trying to help an aspiring author find sources of information he is unfamiliar with. It counts.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
This has gotten pushed aside recently, but I hope to get back to it soon.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.

Check out my Amazon page here:








2 comments:

  1. You are AWESOME. I knew your WIP would jump drastically once you actually had time to sit down to it. Also, keep in mind that you are not only helping the young author with his research. Your being here and posting through the high points and frustrations is encouragement to others. Well, to me at least. I don't know your other followers well so I suppose I can't speak for them, but reading their posts tells me that you are the encourager that I know you strive to be. Read Fortunate Fire last night and Twist of Fate this morning. LOVED both and will be reveiwing them in a couple of days.
    I honestly don't know how you can do a year long goal. I only set goals for a few days out. You really have to be strong to do what you are doing and stay accountable for a year long goal. I let too many people make demands on my time. I need an April Kelly to run interference.
    I hope you get lots of new readers with the free book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charis, thanks for the encouraging words. I learned goal setting when I was powerlifting. Those folks set long term goals, short term goals, and daily goals, all written down. You get in the habit of making them a priority and meeting them. I tend to get fussy when I can't meet my goals. tee hee I'll confess it took me a long time to burn the habit into my brain.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest