Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ROW80 Check-in #11


Ever heard that old saw, “Life is what happens while you make other plans.” That pretty much says it all for me over the past number of days. Not a lot has gone according to plan. Anyway, whining won’t help, work will, so here the report for the past few days.

One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
Ok, I did do that, but not where I wanted to.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
Realizing where things were going for me, I kissed my lovely WIP on the cheek and put her to bed for a few days. I had a lot of other things that needed attention. Girl’s gotta focus, right? I’ve added several pages to my blog, including an about me page. Check them out, say hello!

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
Ok, we have some action here. Book #4 of the St. John’s series went up on Smashwords Sunday morning.


I really need to thank the very talented Justin for another great cover. Even with all he has had to deal with over the past few weeks, he still managed to get my cover done. J, I’d be lost without you.

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I finally got the review done for Stone Relics by Katy Walters. Check it out. 

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
I’m trying to find two Y/A Supernatural writers to team up with for a promotional site. I’m looking for folks with two or three novels published. Self pub is fine. Interested? E-mail me.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
Working. Working. Working. Pant. Pant. Pant.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.


My book about Vampires will soon be ready for publication. The first draft of the first chapter is here. http://www.prudencemacleod.com/p/immortal-tigress.html  Check it out.


6 comments:

  1. Yay for the pure fun of erotica writing! (Pausing to wonder if I should add that to my bucket list. For my variety of folks I have ever practiced upon, they say I do a pretty decent job, LOL.)

    Your energy and devotion to your goals is inspirational. I will now move along to continue spreading the #row80 word~love.

    Looking forward to your next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. For sure, put it on your bucket list. Every writer should take a crack, I mean a try, at writing erotica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind comment you left on my site.

    I admire anyone that gives writing a crack in general. I don't mean blogging either, writing a book.

    I thought after seeing someone say, 'add it to their bucket list', I think I am going to add it to mine.

    I'm not interested in writing erotic, but just writing a book, about what? Not sure yet!

    But it gives me something to add :)

    Have a great week, and much success with all your writings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, thanks for the good wishes. That book will come to you one day, and when it does there will be no stopping you girl. Keep smiling. :)

      Delete
  4. You got more done than me! Think I only got about 2000 WIP words done, I only partially blame the broken finger, as it was broken when I started. Think I may have to let it simmer as well since it's the dreaded tax season. I imagine it will be better for it. You are an inspiration, Pru! You keep your spirits up in the maelstrom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Crystianna. Sometimes a book needs to sit and steep a bit, like a nice tea. It will all be better in the end. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest