Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, February 27, 2012

Things I love Guitar

Hi folks, it is time for another installment of the Things I Love project. This time I want to tell you about my long standing love for the guitar.
When I was young I got the measles and had to stay in bed for days. One day my sister dropped her guitar on my bed. "If you can learn to play a song by Friday you get to keep the guitar."  Oh yeah, it was mine from there. That was over fifty years ago and about twenty years ago I passed it on to my son. I learned to play by ear, and thought I was pretty good at one time. recently I learned what a real guitarist could do.
Oh sure, I heard the greats and been completely impressed, but the other day I accidentally  discovered a video of an Australian fellow named Tommy Emmanuel.
I was captivated and watch spellbound. When it was over I asked myself, "Just what the hell did I just see here?" So today I will show you two of his videos. The first is a more conventional piece, Guitar Boogie, a favorite of mine. The second is a piece he wrote himself. If you are pressed for time, just watch the second one.


Folks, I hope you enjoy this man's artistry as much as I do, for he has no equal. enjoy.

So, tell me what you thought. I'd love to hear from you.

15 comments:

  1. Prudence, I got to watch the second piece, how beautiful. I love how he reinvents the guitar and creates endlessly unique sounds. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? This guy is pure magic. Glad you enjoyed it, Nicole. :)

      Delete
  2. You have a good ear, Pru ... Tommy Emmanuel is THE man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! MY! I feel like one of those heroines in a classic romance novel, breathless and swooning... Wow! Thank you for sharing that, Prudence. That was powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eden, I'm still amazed each time I watch this man. He wrote a song in Africa called Mombassa. You should check out that one too.

      Delete
    2. I definitely will. And I'm passing this gift you gave us along to some fellow guitar buffs.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Prudence. He is amazing! I've never heard of him. I love it! I usually listen to Jesse Cook and other smooth jazz guitarists. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few amazing guitarists out there, but Tommy is in a class of his own. You should hear what he does with Jimi Hendrix. :)

      Delete
  5. As an amateur musician, I can fully appreciate what this person has accomplished, (hope that didn't sound condescending, lol). I am always amazed at some of the virtuosos in our world, and the infinitely complex skill they display for the rest of us wanna-Be's. I am extremely picky in my musical taste, and it is like Christmas all over again when I find a new artist who qualifies for my narrow playlist of musical artists.

    Thanks for sharing this person's amazing ability with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved to watch a champion at work, no matter what his skill set. Tommy is definitely in that category.

      Delete
  6. I love a good guitar! Can't play one myself to save a life! Wish one of my kids would want to learn. I won't force it on them though. I remember taking piano lessons when I didn't want to. I won't do that to them. When are you going to do a vlog of you on the guitar for us?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debra, a vlog of me on the guitar huh? After posting Tommy? Not anytime soon. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really amazing. I love it when truely creative people think 'outside the box' about what an instument can do. Although not in the same category, this video really got me, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NF2edxy-M

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest