Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, February 19, 2012

ROW80 Check-in #14



It’s check-in time again. Where does the week go? Anyway, it’s been a week of ups and downs, but it was worth it. I’ve now got all my work up on Amazon and it appears to be selling well. I’m pretty pleased with the results. Now I have to learn all the tricks etc. for the Amazon site. Darn, I wish I was more tech savvy. Ok, on to the goals.


Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
So far so good since Wednesday.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
I still haven’t started the new WIP. I’ve been working through a few possibilities in my head before getting started. Tomorrow is WSD day. (Write Something, Dammit!)

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
I published 26 or more novels on Amazon this week, does that count? No? Sigh

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I finished reading Keeper by Kristine Williams and posted the review. Find the book here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/6403

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
I’m now finishing up A Breath of Hope by Robert Taylor. Loving this one. You can find it here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/79381

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
This has gotten pushed aside recently, but I hope to get back to it soon.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.









10 comments:

  1. Uh, excuse me. Twenty-six novels published in one week. I think that counts for something!!! Hello! May the techie force be with you Pru! You and Diane are doing great. Now if I could only write a complete novel, that's what I'm talking about. You had a good week. Don't sweat it. And today is the start of a brand new one. Rock it Prudence! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there Karen, and when you do we'll be there to help you promote it. Happy writing!

      Delete
  2. Okay, by my count, you have published four books since the turn of the year, unless I am mistaken about the publish date of Angela. So, ummm, seems to me that you are well ahead on your third goal. Goals four and five are well under control, I am betting that after simmering in your head, you will probably catch up on your WIP count as soon as you choose a starting point so all positive stuff there. You have ten months left for goal six, and have goal one well in hand. So, near as I can tell, you are ahead of most of the rest of us by a long shot. WAY TO GO!!!!

    My WIP is coming along, I got some of the gravy I was hoping for. My non writing goals are falling by the wayside, but not due to writing so all good there. I only just got back to active internet so I plan to check out one new blog this week, and post a few reviews on books that I own and love in support of fellow writers. I also need to make a new post on my blog. We will see how my goals pan out by Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charis, kudos on the WIP and I'll be watching for that blog.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting all of your work up on Amazon! That's such a huge accomplishment. :D

    Can't wait to check it all out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena. Immortal Tigress will be free for three days, Feb 21, 22, 23.

      Delete
  4. Great work on your goals, Prudence! Even if the 26 books published on Amazon weren't the "new" ones stated in the goal, getting all of them uploaded isn't trivial. And while learning a new interface! You go - and good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pru, I had to lie down and take a nap after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Chris, didn't mean to wear you out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest