Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, February 13, 2012

Vampire


Hi folks, here I go again, blowing my own horn, but this time I can’t help it. Today I published my latest effort, Immortal Tigress. I know I have been talking about this one for a while, but it is just that I am so very pleased with it. Everybody seems to be writing about vampires these days so I thought I’d take a crack at it too.

Many of the book I have self-published recently were written years ago. I tidied them up a bit, but didn’t make a lot of changes. The reasons for this are simple. I didn’t want to dilute the emotion of the story as I felt it back then, and I wanted make it easy for folks to see my progress as a writer. However, the Immortal Tigress is a recent work and I am rather proud of it.  Here’s where to find her:

 For millions of years a rogue meteor hurtles through space towards Earth, glowing from the vast fields of radiation through which it has passed. A primitive human female gazes in wonder as the burning invader hurtles toward the ground, unaware of the great beast stalking her. All three meet in an instant. Flash forward to the present, yes, she is still here, she has always been here, stalking us, feeding off us, and so have those she has created.

This cover was produced by the super talented Justin, and this time he has outdone himself as he captured the lady just the way I wanted.
I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Feedback is always welcome.

16 comments:

  1. I love the art work! I am looking forward to reading this one, your teaser was effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was her eyes, almost hidden in the shadows, that got to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new release! And hey, you have to blow your own horn, or no one else will - that's something I have to get better at. Tigress sounds like an interesting, new take on the legends - next time in the mood for a vampire story, I'll check this one out first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennette, it'll be here when you're ready. :)

      Delete
  4. Just finished it! You have every right to blow your own horn on this one, lol! I have definitely enjoyed your style of vampire lore. Ella reminded my of the character, Phoenix, from your other book. I really enjoyed your description of the Elade, and was glad to see some of the similarities in this story. YOU definitely outdid YOURself on this one, lol.

    Thanks for the great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good words SC. I am pleased with this one and am about to start the next installment.

      Delete
  5. AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! I want to buy the latest two books but smashwords is down!!! This ruins my plans for the evening! Maybe I am supposed to catch up on sleep instead.... heavy sigh. try again later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charis, Smashwords is still down and it is driving me crazy. If they don't come back soon I will publish this and everything else on Amazon.

      Delete
    2. Are you not publishing on Barnes and Noble anymore? I got all of your books through them till Clan MacLeod and find it easier to download from there onto my Nook.

      Delete
    3. Hi Charis, I publish with Smashwords and they distribute to other outlets like Barnes and Noble. It takes a few weeks for the process to function. It will app appear there sooner or later.

      Delete
    4. Cool! Good to know! Let you in on a lil secret. I usually end up buying on smashwords then sync-ing into my secondary library, then when it hits bn.com, and I have extra funds,I buy again so put it in my primary Nook library, which is easier to maneuver. Glad that your books are affordable! This is actually how I found you in the first place!

      Delete
    5. As they say in retail, that makes you a preferred customer. :)) Thanks Charis.

      Delete
    6. YAY!! Smashwords is back online. Too late to read tonight, but I will reveiw them when I get back online on Sunday! That makes my week!

      Delete
    7. I'm glad, Honey. Hope you enjoy the story.

      Delete
  6. I think I know her ... she works at my bank.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest