Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Boat Rides and Blog Posts


ROW80 check-in

This is one of those weeks when life just won’t allow me to get to my WIP. Sigh. Today, for example, we rose early, ate a quick breakfast, walked the dogs, cleaned up and raced for the ferry dock. We caught the last morning boat.
This trip could not be postponed as we were standing up for friends at their wedding. Although this was a small civil ceremony, I have never seen a more excited bride. This girl is the ultimate tomboy. Today she was in a dress for the second time in her life. She actually lasted until we got back to the house before she switched back into jeans. J
Ok, that’s my excuse for being late with my check-in. So, on with the show.


Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
I got this one so far. Managed a book review on the boat this morning and a blog post on the way back tonight.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
Only managed about half here. It will be next week before I really get caught up on the poor neglected WIP

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
I got this one. On Monday I published the fifth book in the St. John’s Series of romances. It is available on Amazon and Smashwords, so get ‘em while they’re hot!


Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I finished reading Rojuun by John H. Carol. I will review it on this blog tomorrow or Friday.
You can find it here.

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
I’m all set to start a new book, but haven’t decided which one yet. I’ll let you know on Sunday.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
This has gone on hold until Amazon and or Smashwords arrive at some sensible guidelines. I may seek another on line publisher for this project. For now, this is on the back burner.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.







14 comments:

  1. Good for you- some weeks are just more challenging then others.
    I forgot to update- but goals are going well- I've written 1000 words ever day and have checked out several review sites. Are you looking for submissions for reviewing or do you hunt down your own stuff? If you're looking I'd like to offer my book up to be reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alica, Awesome, where do I find your book? I don't have a Kindle, I have a KOBO so an E-pub version would be best, but we can deal with whatever format is available.

      Delete
  2. I feel like I learned a similar lesson this week: I can only get done what I get done. Sometimes we just have to give ourselves a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Emma, sometimes we have to admit we are only human and take delight in what we have managed to accomplish.

      Delete
  3. I feel for your friend! My sister's bridal party laughed at me when I wore shorts under my dress. My sisters were not surprised, it was a sign of affection that I even wore the dress and my family knew it. It was an outdoor summertime wedding and the ENTIRE bridal party was wishing they had followed my lead as the sun heated them up! It was too funny.

    Congratulations for your friends, and to you for being important enough to stand with them. I have faith that you will catch up your goals, you always do. Have a good week. I will check back at the end of the week when my insanity mellows out some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charis, you're a peach. Hope life settles down for you.

      Delete
  4. Yup, some days, weeks, months, etc, are more difficult than others. It happens. It seems as though you've still accomplished quite a bit though! Congrats on the romances!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pru: See what happens when you expose your goals to the world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris, we'll all be Ok as long as that's all I expose to the world. :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry Prudence for not making it by until today. Hubby and I took the afternoon yesterday and spent some time together and then wound up in a meeting with his attorney. Err. It's not been fun. But you seem to be having a good week. You've had some things come up as we all do and you're getting some writing done. Kudos to you girl! You're making lemonade out of Lemons!Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, hope everything works out for you and your man. Couldn't resist the lemons huh? tee hee

      Delete
  7. I think I've been having one of those months, lol! I have definitely fallen behind on writing, socializing, and having fun.

    A wedding, huh? I always dread getting wedding invitations, (or invitations to anything else that is social, I guess). I'm glad the bride had so much fun.

    Even on a crazy week, you seem to manage quite well. I hope you have some tranquil weeks ahead of you, with plenty of time to write! And by the way, Gudrun was AWESOME! I like reviewing on Amazon a lot more than Smashwords, because it's mostly authors who use Smashwords, while Amazon has everybody. I get about a hundred times more downloads from my books on Amazon, so I cannot wait to see how yours do.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey S.C., man you are such a hermit. My father was like that, social invitations have him hives. :) Thanks for all the good words and reviews, they mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest