Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, February 5, 2012

ROW80 check-in #10


Hi folks, it’s been a bit of a tough week writer wise, but a load of fun otherwise. Yesterday was our 16th anniversary. Friday we went shopping and burned off a credit card or two just for fun. We went Friday as a big storm was forecast for yesterday. On that shopping trip we found a yarn store with lots of wonderful fibers to fondle, a great little dog for a guardian, and a delightful woman to chat with.

We spent hours and dollars there. Yesterday, during the storm we sat knitting and giving thanks for our warm cozy cottage, the wonderful years we have shared and for the love that continues to grow between us. However, all that bonding did cut into my writing quite a bit. So I wound up doing this:

Instead of doing this:


Now, on with the confession, without further ado, here is the progress on those pesky ROW80 goals.

One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
I blew that. argh

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
I`m way behind here, but will catch up this coming week.

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
Ok, we have some action here. Book #4 of the St. John’s series went up on Smashwords this morning.  Here it is:


Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
Stone Relics by Katy Walters. I owe this one a review. Check it out.  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/125390

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
I fell down on this one this week. I need to get in the game with this one.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
Working.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.


My book about Vampires will soon be ready for publication. The first draft of the first chapter is here. http://www.prudencemacleod.com/p/immortal-tigress.html  Check it out.




8 comments:

  1. Uh Prudence, cut yourself some slack girl! You had a wonderful fun day squeezed in before the snow and a relaxing reminiscent time doing exactly what you should be doing. So enjoy your time and then get busy. Just kidding. Glad you had some well deserved time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a fun day, and the day spent knitting and bonding was fun too. I highly recommend it to everybody.
      I'll be hard at it again tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed your anniversary weekend, Prudence! Honestly, after 16 years, I think that quality time with your love was very well spent. And I wouldn't worry if you slipped a tad on your ROW80 goals - that quality time is something you can never get back!
    Still, you're going strong on your writing and your goals, so I must say JOB WELL DONE!
    And congrats on your latest publication!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Jennifer. A chance for a bonding day is never ignored in our house. Work will always be there, but creating those special days is one of the reasons we work. :)

      Delete
  3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! In an age of throw away relationships and a mentality of "if it gets tough, get gone" that has persisted since at least the mid sixties and has spread exponentially with each birth, you two are to be applauded. Goals are good, but this weeek you put the focus where it needed to be, on celebrating what you two have built for and with each other. A huge congratulations to you both! Besides, goals only work when there is flexibilty to allow for life. Hmm, that sounds like something Pru might have one of her characters say.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, (belated), anniversary! I'm so happy for the two of you! I hope you have many more opportunities for bonding throughout the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alyssa. Actually it is a raging storm outside today, so, more knitting and bonding. :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest