Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, February 6, 2012

Book Review: Stone Relics


Book Review: Stone Relics

The latest book I have finished is Stone Relics by Katy Walters.  This is another author’s first effort. I continue to be thrilled and amazed at the richness and scope of story conceived by new authors and Katy Walters is no exception. This is a rollicking good story that will hold your interest from beginning to end. The book does carry an adult warning.
Cover for 'Stone Relics'

There are a few issues to be aware of; the main characters need a bit more development earlier on. Also, the author can get a bit bogged down in repetitive police procedures, obviously a subject she knows well. Please do not let this stop you from reading this book. It is a great story with plenty of baffling twists and turns to the plot. It does hold up well, and I confess, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I look forward to further adventures of Ben and Lucy. Katy Walters is an author to keep an eye on; she is a spinner of fine tales. I’m giving this one four stars.

6 comments:

  1. I love your reviews! Honest, but not too harsh at all. I hope you're doing well, Pru. Haven't heard too much from you recently. I hope it's because you're busy writing, not because anything's wrong!!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, all's well here in the north. I've been busy writing a lot, and I took a few days off with K to celebrate our 16th anniversary. I just published a new book, #4 in the St. John's series, and I have the vampire book almost ready to go. Now I'm trying to catch up on a few other projects, like the shawl I'm knitting for these cold days at the computer. :)

      Delete
    2. Well, happy anniversary! That's wonderful! Gosh...we're so far from 16 years, LOL, but we'll get there. Coming up on 3 together 2 married this summer. Actually, though, 3 married is big for us both...I'm rambling and stealing your spotlight. ARGH!!! What'd you guys do to celebrate?

      Delete
    3. We went to a yarn shop and burned off a credit card, spent lots of time fondling the fibers and talking with the guard dog. (Boston Terrier, ever so cute)
      The next day we were forced to stay inside by a bad storm so we made tea, sat chatting and knitting and bonding. That's how we prefer to spend special days, hanging out together and bonding.
      Read my last post ROW80 #10 for a few pics of the knit fest. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation. The positives seem to outweigh the negatives with this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do Medeia, with new authors I try to look past these things and see if the story can hold me. This one did, no problem. An e-book is less than 1/2 the price of a latte and this one brought hours of reading pleasure. I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest