Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, February 12, 2012

ROW80 Check-in #12 Plus Odds and Sods


I know it is late in the day, but it is still Sunday so I’m not technically late. Last night we went to a friend’s birthday party and watched as her partner got down on one knee, proposed, and then put a ring on her hand. It was so very sweet.  Anyway, I’m here with the check-in and a few other bits and pieces. Sooooo, on with the show.

Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
I’m good here.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
I beat that this week and actually feel like I’m catching up a bit. Yeaaa me!

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
Still basking in the glow of the last one, but have started working on the cover for the Tigress story. Actually, the truth is, Justin has started work on the cover, I’m cheering him on. J

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I finally got the review done for Stone Relics by Katy Walters. Check it out. 

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
Something very strange happened here and I would love a bit of feedback on this one. I located and bought five novels from five different writers. I looked for folks with their first novel up or only a few. Two of the five were free, but I paid for the others. No problems here.
This is where it got a bit strange. I contacted the authors, told them I had their book, promised to Tweet, blog, and review each book as soon as I managed to read it. I also let them know I had followed them on twitter. I have had two responses so far. Two polite, thanks I hope you enjoy, responses, but, and here’s the kicker, neither followed me back on Twitter or has followed my blog.
I’m feeling a bit strange about this. I would have thought a follow on Twitter would not be too much to expect? Every other author I have contacted in this way has done so.  Anyway, it has put me off a bit.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
Working, but the research is demanding. :)

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.


My book about Vampires will soon be ready for publication. The first draft of the first chapter is here. http://www.prudencemacleod.com/p/immortal-tigress.html  Check it out.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Prudence!

    Well I would say you had a productive week! And yes it is still Sunday! lol

    I too just posted due to a overdose of family. Good grief, it was crazy. So now I am in recovery.

    I'm sorry to hear about your lack of response to your kindness. Weird. Bummer.

    Take care Pru. I am off to catch up with blogs, blogs, and more blogs. May the force be with me! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, happy reading. There are some wonderful blogs out there.

      Delete
  2. See? The steeping was worth it! When you were able to devote the time, it flew through you! I never lost faith! Sorry, for your lack of response. Looking towards the good in people, I hope that they just had an insanely busy week and will have a chance to respond soon. Hmmm, might have to figure out how to blog and Twitter myself. This will be a challange to the part of me that likes to be incredibly private and unavailable. So far this is the only blog that I make a habit of following. Might have to follow Pru's lead and check out more! Uh-oh! I feel that comfort zone stretching already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a bit scary, stretching that comfort zone, but the growth can be worth it. Happy exploring!

      Delete
  3. That wedding sounded like lots of fun! I wish I could have been there to see it;-)

    You just tell us who those authors are, and we'll take care of them...:-(

    It looks like you are doing a wonderful job of following your goals! Great work!

    I'm glad I don't have to answer to anyone for my new year's resolutions;-) I am so far behind. Unlike some people, I have to sleep every once in a while, (exasperated sigh). Speaking of which, I think it's about that time;-)

    Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, thanks for the kind words. That was just the engagement, I will surely blog the wedding if I get invited. :)

      Delete
    2. Now that would be really cool!

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest