Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Friday, March 2, 2012

Book Review. Rojuun


It is time for another book review and this time I want to tell you about Rojuun by John H. Carroll. I quite enjoyed this little flight of fantasy. Rojuun is John first book, and also the first in a three part series. John is a natural storyteller, and sets up an interesting cast of characters. There is the rogue thief, the ghost of a long dead knight, the dragon in human form, and the naive country girl with a serious talent for magic.
John sends this unlikely troupe out into a magical forest filled with druids, abandoned cities, castles, and underground cities built by alien creatures. This is a rollicking good tale with dangers lurking around every corner for our adventurers. Great fun.
You can find Rojuun here:


The only rough spots here are the unpronounceable names and occasionally a little too much description, but these things are minor. I give this five stars for a debut novel. A nice fun read.

4 comments:

  1. "...a rollicking good tale with dangers lurking around every corner..." May we all get such fab reviews! Well done, Prudence. Thanks for introducing us to Carroll's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi August, it was a fun read. Did you see my post about the guitar player? I was thinking of you when I wrote it.

      Delete
  2. My goodness, what an exciting group of characters. I usually don't read the fantasy genre, but this one sounds intriguing. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jansen, thanks for stopping by. Yes, this was a fun read.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest