Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Refocusing



ROW80 check-in
It’s completely crazy; I know, but there it is. I’ve been banging my head on the desk in frustration for days now, you understand, you’ve all been there. Oh yes you have. Don’t lie to me, Buddy, I see you over there in the corner shaking your head. It’s written all over your forehead in goose eggs. You have been there, we all have.

Where exactly? Right here. It begins as you get on a roll, things are going your way, you are a freaking force of nature, unstoppable, and then life tosses a chaos grenade in front of you. Suddenly there are things coming at you from all sides, you have intrusions, obligations, friends and family who need some face time, flat tires, bad hair, and hacked computers.

So you put on the big girl panties and deal, you fix, visit, love, laugh, shop, and enjoy, until things settle down again. Ok, so now you are back at the computer, staring at a blank page, the momentum you had days before long since gone, and the blank page is staring back at you, defying you to mar its pristine surface. It is a stare down contest and of course, you flinch first. Head to desk. “Come on brain, work, dammit, work.” Repeat until ideas come or unconsciousness.



Yes indeed, here I am, scratching my head and trying to get refocused. The dust has settled for now and I have some catching up to do. Let’s begin with the ROW80 check-in.


Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
Ok, I did manage this one. Yeaaa me! sigh

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
Only managed about half that. bugger

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
Stalled here for the moment.

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
Nothing done here in the past few days. Sorry!

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
From now on I will strive to double the RTs on Twitter as well as read and comment on more blogs.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
Ok, due to all the madness brought on by PayPal’s attempts to censor what folks are allowed to read I am setting this aside. I will add a new goal instead. In future goal six will be:
Blog two or three times each week over and above the ROW80 check-ins.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.
Oh, and lets help each other out a bit here. Please go to my Facebook page, and my Amazon page, and hit the “Like” button. I’ll happily do the same for you.

Check out my Amazon page here:


15 comments:

  1. Prudence,
    You at no momentum is me at full speed. You'll adjust course and will catch the wind soon.

    Bad hair days are blessings in disguise because they divert people's attention from the bumps on our foreheads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I just love it. Bad hair days distract folks from the bumps on the forehead, now that's seeing the bright side. Thanks for the giggles.

      Delete
  2. LOL Pat!

    Okay Prudence, where do you get your energy to get everything on your ROW list done? You're doing fantastic and you're allowed to make adjustments. That's just being smart. Thanks for all your support Pru. It means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Karen. Energy? Hmmm, I'd say retirement has its perks, but this writing is a full time job anyway. Must be all the fruit and red meat. Yeah, that must be it. :)

      Delete
  3. Pru, Your inner tiger is just building strength! You will be triumphant, no other finale is available to the valkyrie.
    Tried to like your facebook page a few days ago, but the only options it offers is subscribe or message. I did both.

    look for my message in your fb mail

    Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charis. Maybe I have to set up a fan page or something like that. FB still baffles me most of the time.

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure why, but the fact that the last month or two have been insane for everyone else as well, brings me a strange sense of comfort, lol. It must be the whole, 'misery loves company', expression. I can't think of a more chaotic time than the last two months, and it really amazes me how much you still manage to meet your goals during such crazy times. I'm going to go bonkers before 2013 if the sun doesn't go on vacation, lol.

    You do a great job of staying on top of the game under lots of pressure. You have a very committed support group out here, so don't hesitate to ask if you ever need any help with anything.

    Don't get fried tomorrow morning when the goo from the sun tackles our ball of snot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've hear that the sun flares are releasing positive ions in our atmosphere which makes folks cranky and irritable. If everybody on the planet gets PMS at the same time, no wonder things have been crazy lately. Maybe we should just hide until it's over. :)

      Delete
  5. It really does seem that refocus is the theme of this year for many writers/blogs I've been following of late. Letting go and change keep turning up in my card readings as well.

    Seems you did quite well on your goals this week. Good luck with the refocus, if you have any tips on how to do so, write them up, sounds like a lot of us could use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asrai, say, is there a book in there? A how to? Hmmm, Something to consider. tee hee

      Delete
  6. Hey, at least you got some writing done! It might not be as much as you wanted, but when you're in the middle of chaos, anything is good! Sounds like you have a good handle on it - good luck with your refocus and have a great rest-of-the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, Prudence. Slow down. Breathe.

    You've defined your goals at least, that's a start. And you've managed to correctly count all the way up to six! Congratulate yourself! See you're farther along than you thought.

    Hang in there. The good stuff's coming.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia,yep, I got all the way up to six. back in the old days when I was younger I could count all the way up to ten, but then I lost a few fingers in that typing accident and, well you know, by the time I'd recovered years had passed and the memory... what the hell was I talking about????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rhiannon, yeah, this week is being a bit more sensible, I just have to get busy and catch up. Let me know when you next launch is happening.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest