Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Focused for Success



Hi folks, I’ve been rattling on about getting re-focused lately and I am here to tell you, I believe I’ve got it. My mind is back on track and things are starting to unfold as they should. I’m back to getting some writing done, sales are up, and I'm loving every bit of it.
(Writer hard at work; do not disturb unless it is a matter of chocolate or coffee)

OK, now for the ROW80 check-in.

Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
Been there, done that.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
Just squeaked by on this one.

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
I’m nearly through the edits on the next romance novel. I hope to get it out by the end of the month.

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I haven’t had a lot of reading time this past week. Falling down a bit here.
Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
Beta reading for an aspiring author. This girl has what it takes, can’t wait for her to get the book finished. (Cracks whip ever so gently)

Six: Blog two or three times each week over and above the ROW80 check-ins.
Made it, I think; didn’t I? Sure I did. Ok blog days should be Mondays and Thursdays, at least that will be the target.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.











9 comments:

  1. Just don't leave any whip marks on her! You are a delight, and I am glad to see that your week is going better. You are right, Chocolate and coffee are valid interruptions, now where is that waitress.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy gal Prudence! But you're getting a lot of work done. And that's the point, isn't it. I like your desk area. Very nice. And it's also nice that you will help out other authors. Paying it forward is very cool! I'm waiting on Donna Newton and it's driving me nuts. I hope she's done soon. I'm hiding under my bed. lol! I'm glad you had a good week and I hope that the next is even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I built the desk myself last Fall. This summer I'll take a week off and get it painted. I also know what it's like waiting for something to come back. I'm waiting on my editor and the longer she takes, the more nervous I get. eek!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on regaining your focus! Sounds like it's been a successful, productive week for you! I did something similar, by paring down my scheduled to-dos. It helped a lot - I got almost everything done that I wanted to, plus a couple extras. Glad to hear you're moving toward posting blogs on a schedule; that will make it easier to keep up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, I just left your blog Jennette. I was amazed at how organized you are. I'm taking notes. :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you back on track, Pru! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, at my age I guess I'm supposed to be a bit bemused at times, but I always seem to find my focus again. I hope you and Lady are having fun these days. I'll call later the week when I go grocery shopping.

      Delete
  5. Hey, Prudence,
    Seems every where I turn these days I meet another ROW80 author. Keep rowing!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest