Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Book Review and ROW80 Check-in.


Hi folks, it’s ROW80 check in once again and this has been a successful week for me. I’ve met my goals, plus I have a short book review for you on Phoenix Child. So, on with the show.


Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
Success.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
Exceeded the 25K mark

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
I’ve got two coming up soon. Watch this space for more details.

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
It’s book review time again; this time I will tell you about Phoenix Child by Alica McKenna Johnson. This is your classic going through the changes teenage story with a couple of delightful twists. The book carries us along with the heroine as she works her way through the usual teenage changes plus a whole lot more.
On a more serious note, Alica gives us a peek into the world faced by far too many children, the world of the “System”. This peek might make a few folks slightly uncomfortable, and if it does, that’s a good thing.
Don’t run away now, because this book is filled with magic, adventure, and mythical creatures. Alica’s style is relaxed and easy to read, almost like she’s sitting right beside you, telling you the story. I read half in one sitting and wanted to finish it, but time did not allow. I did finish it the next day. I am truly hoping there will be a second book because I love these characters.
Well done Alica, five stars.


Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
See above, also commented on over 13 blogs.

Six: Blog two or three times each week over and above the ROW80 check-ins.
So far so good. I’m still on track here.


Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.
Oh, and lets help each other out a bit here. Please go to my Facebook page, and my Amazon page, and hit the “Like” button. I’ll happily do the same for you.



8 comments:

  1. Prudence- congratulations on all of your sucess! Andthank you for the lovely review! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your accomplishments, Prudence. I know I am one of the blogs you've visited, so, thank you, and back atcha! Have read and enjoyed your posts on focus - something we all need to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 thousand words! Oh my doctor would love it if I could do that! Frankly, so would I, My WIP would be close to half done by now! You have been very busy my friend! And I whloeheartedly agree with your reveiw of Phoenix Child. Alica did a great job and we want more! You are a powerhouse Pru!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charis. I was on the fly, but don't expect it to happen like that too often.

      Delete
  4. Prudence, you never cease to amaze me. How do you get all your work done. I need to be more organized or something. But then again, with hubby health stuff, it's an everyday occurence. So I need to be happy with what I do get done and hope that things get better soon. Congrats on a great week! :)

    And thank you for not being on a wordpress site. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, sweetie, my secret is not organization, it is no kids, old dogs, a lover who works long hours, and a very small house (7000 sq ft) to tend. Lots of time for the fun stuff. Considering all you do I am amazed at how many blogs you read and support.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest