Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, March 4, 2012

ROW80 Check-in 04/03/2012




It’s check-in time again and this week went to hell in a hand basket.  This will be a sad little report, but I swear the next one will rock. Ah well, time to ‘fess up.

Goals.
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
So far so good.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
This week I only managed about eight hundred words. argh

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
Nothing new to report here.

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I did get a couple of reviews done.

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
I’ve been trying to read and tweet new author’s work.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
This is still on hold indefinitely.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How is it going for you? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.

Check out my Amazon page here:








14 comments:

  1. You got some stuff done- keeping up writing everyday even if you didn't make your word count- is a big deal. it's important to stay consistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alica, thank god for the ferry rides, I get lots of writing done there. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, Pru, slow and steady wins the race, right? You have some ambitious goals here, but I'll bet you'll get there!

    All the best,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KB, yeah, the goals didn't look that hard when I set them. tee hee. I think I'll pull back a bit for the next round. :)

      Delete
  3. That doesn't look like a week that went south at all. You made forward progress, writing every day. Way to go! All the best for the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Raelyn, progress yes, but this week it felt like walking upstream in knee deep fast moving water. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

      Delete
  4. Maybe you didn't get as much done as you'd hoped, but you still made progress! I didn't get much done this week either, but at least I got to the important stuff: the writing. Hope this week's a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, didn't mean to whine, but it was one of those weeks. Ah well, this week will rock. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

      Delete
  5. Pru, don't be too hard on yourself. You may have been walking upstream in knee deep water, but you were still going upstream. Besides, all that walking upstream strengthens muscles, once you are out of the water you will run without pain. Forward motion is in fact, forward motion, and your strength training has taught you by now that everyone hits a plateau, where movement is slow, before another growth spurt. Your inner beast will come roaring through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charis, lady, you rock. It isn't often I can read another's words and hear one of my own pep talks. Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  6. I do not remember who told me this, but they said that we put list together so we can change them. We always do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your update as well as the comments. Isn't it great to have ROW80 to support us in our writing adventures? My last two weeks have been tough... we can upswing together, right?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Julie, so let's lock shields and charge up that hill. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest