Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Witch and the NaNo



Hey folks, I’ve been struggling with a cold these past few days, so I may have been MIA. Actually I slept for two days and lost a lot of time. All I managed to do was sign up for NaNoWriMo.
Say what? You did what? Yeah, well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. (Perhaps that was the cold meds talking. Tee hee) I will start to post NaNo check-ins later this week, perhaps on Fridays.


Anyway, I did manage to dress up for Halloween. The kids can’t be the only ones who get to have fun.

Now for the ROW80 check-in.

Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
So far I have about two thousand words written. I have some serious catching up to do if I’m going to make the NaNo deadline.

2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
Didn’t get any requests this week.

3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
I think I managed this one, but I’m not sure. A few days were pretty foggy there.

Ok folks, how many of you have signed up for NaNo. How many of you are under the gun like me?

12 comments:

  1. I'm doing NaNoWriMo! Other than the short I wrote this summer, I haven't written new material since last time I did NaNo, in 2009. Yikes! So far I'm up to 6300 words, so that's on track, provided I get my 3k in today (I divide mine up differently than the standard 1667/day). Hope you're feeling better and can get cranking soon! I have no doubt you'll be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to get back in the game, Jennette. Nothing like a challenge. Best of luck.

      Delete
  2. Now that's how you get your witch on ;) Catch up can be stressful but when you catch up it feels really good. You can do it. I didn't sign up for NaNo this year. I'm pretty rigid on my word count output vs time. To hit that 1,667 I need about 3.5 hours a day. I'm a slow writer and my schedule only lets me have about an hour to an hour and a half a day to write. Maybe next near. Best of luck though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan. I do understand the logical approach, it's just never really worked for me. I need the deadline to get really productive.

      Delete
  3. Love the costume, Prudence, but I'm sorry to hear about the cold.

    I've also signed up for NaNoWriMo this year, and so far things are proceeding fairly well. I've written 8600 words, which is great since I know my energy will slow down mid-month.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lena, not to worry, the cold's on the mend. You're well ahead of me on NaNo. Way to go!

      Delete
  4. Best of luck with NaNo! You guys are so inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, a lot of people seem to be ill lately. I always feel bad for the writers because we desperately need that creative time. Hopefully you're getting all better. I'm cheering from the sidelines for you on NaNo. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jae, yeah, quite a few folks have been under the weather. I am very much on the mend now and starting to catch up on the NaNo word count. Thanks for the good wishes and encouragement.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hey Chris, NaNo could just be the inspiration you need. Come on, sign up, I dare ya!

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest