Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Treadmill



Ever feel like you’re on the treadmill of life and some joker keeps turning up the speed? It can get like that sometimes. In our modern world, we seem to be a lot busier than the folks of previous generations. The more labor saving devices we collect the more work we seem to have to do.  I’m retired for pity sake; I’m supposed to have time to smell the roses.


Okay, I can hear you now. You’re a mother of young children, you have a home to care for, you have a career, your husband has a career, you also write, edit, self-publish, and promote your own work. You take Yoga classes, you volunteer on Sundays, you garden in summer and you ski in winter. I admit it; you’re a goddess. Please rub your arm against me so some of that magic will rub off. I’d really like to do some of this once in a while.

What brought all this on, you ask? Why NaNo of course. I’m catching up, but I’m feeling the self-imposed pressure.  So, here’s the ROW80 check-in.

Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
So far I have well over five thousand words written so far this week. I’m going to make that NaNo deadline.
2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
Just filled out another one. This is starting to be fun.
3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
I managed this one, no problem.


Okay, friends and neighbors, Hop off your treadmill for a few minutes and tell me how you cope. I need all the help I can get. J

6 comments:

  1. I wish those superwomen would share a little of their magic with me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly Marcy, I have no idea how they manage. I am in awe of these girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too - how they cope with youngsters and day jobs heaven only knows - however, I have also discovered that old age is a very busy time - when I was organising lunch for my groups I run U3A so all retired- only 11 of us and out of the whole month I could only get one day everyone was free - it was their life, their grandchildrens life,their parents life all internmingled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, Alberta. I seem to be busier now than when I was working. I don't understand how that happened. Tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up my day job to be with my children. The fact that they are unschoolers, and not so little anymore, at 8 and 11, means that, so long as I am willing to work in sometimes unpredictable bursts, I can get a lot done.

    I am profoundly grateful to have a life that fits in so well with a writing life. It hasn't always been, and may not remain this way, and so I do my very best to both not take it for granted, and also to pay it forward by encouraging those whose lives allow less ease, where writing is concerned...

    It seems as though you are right on track, treadmill or no! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very happy for you Shan. May all your days be blessed. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest