Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, November 25, 2012

It’s Starting!



The madness has begun folks. November is drawing to a close and December is almost upon us. The shopping bug has bitten many people already and even now if you go into the city you can feel the stress building in the air.

Fortunately for me, I often start my Yuletide gift works in January and plug away at it all year long. Usually I am somewhat prepared by the time December arrives and this year is no different. I usually make most of the gifts I give. Here is a small sample of this year’s efforts.



Now on to the ROW80 check in.


Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
So far I have well over five thousand words written so far this week. I've crossed the NaNo finish line with a thousand words to spare. Life is good.

2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
I haven't had any requests in the past few days.

3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
I managed this one, no problem.

So, my dear friends, who shops til they drop, and who is crafty at Christmas? What is your preferred way acquire gifts to give? 

6 comments:

  1. I hate shopping, especially for nonsense gifts that don't mean anything. Add that to being on the edge of broke all of the time, and I don't do the massive, end of year shopping. I usually have a small stash of stuff that leaped off of the shelf screaming somebody's name at me at different points in the year. Sometimes what leaps out at me is a crafty idea, so my hands get busy and that goes in the stash too. At this time of year, the most Christmas shopping I do is ribbon to finish up the last crafty projects, or a few holiday themed additions just because. The M&M filled candy canes always go over well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to make gifts. I can be sure that it will be a "one of' under the tree and if there are any issues around fit or anything, I service what I make. No 30 day return policy limit in this workshop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear Anon, I am so going to be shopping at your workshop. :)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to hear what strategies you used to achieve that 5,000 words a week. Impressive!!!! Do you barrel straight ahead, start with an outline, freewrite? Set a certain time? Hours? Keep a journal? Wake up in the middle of the night with new ideas? Excellent progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth, all right, I'll talk. I sit to the computer, re-read the last two page I've written to get the story back into my head then I give my imagination a few sip of coffee to get it started then I write. I shoot for a thousand words per day minimum. I don't plot, plan, or outline. It is a free process completely. As I get deeper into the story I will have odd insights at odd times of the day and write those down in a notebook, just in case my imagination might need a kick start.

    Once I finish a story I re-read the whole thing to get a better sense of it then I go through it to sort it out. Once I'm satisfied I give it to my editor and we refine it further before I publish.
    That's my process, I let my imagination run wild and my fingers try to keep up.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest