Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cooling Off



These past few days the weather has been cooling off at last.  It was warm and rainy for a number of weeks and my poor old joints didn't like it at all. They do, however, seem to enjoy the cold dry air.  That’s a good thing, for it has allowed me to catch up a bit on my work.  


Oh, another thing I've been doing that seems to help my hands a great deal is this. I wear woolen mitts to bed and in the morning my joints are nearly as stiff.

Okay, I’ll admit it; I've taken a bit of time to play too, but it is November and I have been focused on completing this first draft of Assassin. You can read the first forty thousand words or so for free on Smashwords here:

Now for the ROW80 check-in

Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
I've already blown past this mark. Woo Hoo

2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me!
I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
Right on track here. Please check out this interview on Jennette Marie Powell’s blog today. http://www.jenpowell.com/blog/ww-prudence-macleod-row80

3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
I love reading blogs and am always on the lookout for something new. This one was easy and I may have set the bar a bit low here. Ah well, it was a success and I’ll take it.

So that’s it for today folks. Please leave a comment to let me know how you’re doing, and remember to check out that interview. You might learn something scary. Tee hee hee

8 comments:

  1. I have an awesome pair of fingerless gloves that I wear when it gets chilly. The last couple weeks, my hands have been hurting something awful in the cold mornings while milking. I'm going to have to try your trick of wearing them to bed and see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha, I really do find it helps. This morning I had no pain at all. Most days I am a bit stiff, but it is only minor and a minute of flexing takes it away.
      Milking, goats or cow. Gosh it has been years since I milked a cow by hand.I sometimes miss it.

      Delete
    2. We're milking about 120, so it's definitely not by hand. :) Still, even with the machines, the milking and the writing have really done my hands and wrists in.

      Delete
    3. Wow, yep, 120 is not to be attempted by hand. Still I know what it can do to your hands. That is no easy task and it is hard on the wrists too. I hope the woolly mitts at night help.

      Delete
  2. Those of us in central Alberta are freezing our buns off, Prudence. I could use a whole bodysuit knitted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done winter on the prairie, Sheila. I know all too well what you mean. Sending you a warm fuzzy hug to keep away the chills. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks again for the blog interview, Prudence! It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest