Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Downer + an Interview


I am working through the downer these days. The downer? That’s what I go through after I have just finished a major project. First comes the euphoria of ‘I did it!’ and then comes “So now what do I do?” That’s where I am today. I just finished and validated my NaNo project.



Assassin is now ready for the editor, new cover, and final name. I will leave the most of it on Smashwords for a few more days if you want to read the first draft.



So, now what do I do? I have several other projects on the go, but, as usual I will flounder around for a few days before getting focused on something new. Sigh. Well, on with the ROW80 check-in.


Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
Total fail so far this week. I finished Assassin last week and haven’t written a word since. Gotta get back into harness.

2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
Just filled out another one. This one was a lot of fun. You can find it  on Sherri Hutchins’ blog here: http://www.livewonderstruck.com/interview-prudence-macleod/

3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
Yep, got this one easy.

So what happens for you when you put the final ‘The End’ on a manuscript or finish a major project you were working on? Do you experience a downer like I do, or do you have a different response to the victory?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to have you as my Wonderstruck Interviewee today!

    The downer spot you're in can be tough, but then you'll find something new and fantastic to work on. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning NaNoWriMo! I'm on track to do the same either tonight or tomorrow.

    I always need some downtime after finishing a project, especially something as gruelling as the book I'm doing. Yet there's always another project - I need to finish revisions for my next release, and get it to at least one secondary beta reader. No rest for the writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennette, I have been such a slug these past couple of days. You're absolutely right, there are other projects crying for attention. Back to work, lazy Pru!There will be no rest for the writer. tee hee

      Delete
  3. I usually need a break after writing THE END. Congrats on winning NaNoWriMo! That's awesome. You'll get back into the groove soon. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest