Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, January 15, 2012

ROW80 Check-in#4




Hi there, it is early Sunday morning, but I’m a bit excited about this past week, so here goes.
Goals:
One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
Yep, right on track here.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
I did this and made up last week’s shortfall easily. I know this seems like an easy target, but I’ve got a lot on the go.

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
I’ve started working with a new editor. She’s had a go at one of my current projects and we’re both quite excited about it. With any luck I’ll have it ready for you in February. She’s a bit tougher on me and wants a lot more work on this one, but it is going to be my best yet by far.

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I’m currently reading Gorinthians by Justin Mitchell. This young man has a world of potential. I am really enjoying this book; it is my kind of story.

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
This one is a work in progress. I have read and commented on about fifteen blogs or more in the past three days. I am also still looking for new authors. Don’t be shy folks, show me your stuff.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
I’ve got a couple of short stories on the go, but I keep getting distracted by the research.

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How was your week? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.

To see how the Church and Witches join up to defeat the demons, read Dark Star. You can find it here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/65992

18 comments:

  1. Publishing six novels in a year sounds like an intimidating task, but the pride you'll no doubt feel will be well worth it. Good work on meeting this week's count and making up for last week's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, I know that sounds like a lot, but I write fast once I get going. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Great work, Prudence. I love how you incorporate goals that are so supportive of others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ginger, yeah, I have always believed the best way to build yourself up is to build up others first.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you're doing really well, Prudence! Fantastic job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job this week, Prudence. You are a lady on the move and I'm always inspired by your progress and wonderful attitude.

    Distracted by research? Never heard of such a thing (hides the 20 open tabs in his browser).

    Have a fantastic week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gene. Taking a break from the research now. I'll be in my bunk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughing with Gene. Now I don't feel as bad. I only have 18 open (at the moment)and one of them is his. LOL. :) You're doing GREAT Prudence. Must be a bit of an adjustment time getting settled in with a new editor, but I have faith it will work out beautifully for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra, this WIP will grow about 20K by the time I get finished with these re-writes. Ah well, I have high hopes of a far better story.

      Delete
  7. One of these days you need to tell the rest of us what you eat so that we can run off of the same fuel, lol. Thanks for the mention on Gorinthians!

    I have a reviewer who offered to act as editor for my current book, and it certainly makes a difference when you have someone with a critical eye hunting down inconsistencies, typos, and grammar. I'm excited to see how your book turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do I eat? You don't really want to know, do you? :) Yep, an editor can really up your game. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

      Delete
  8. "do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers." Oh, I know! I struggle with that too, especially because I participate in about 3 blog hops weekly. Reading and commenting takes a lot of my time ... but we have to do it, right?!
    All in all, you're doing great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes indeed, the best way to succeed is to build up someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great on the goals! Exciting to have a new editor and working on the book. Hope you have a wonderful week of productivity with your ROW80.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest