Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Karma’s a Bitch



I just finished reading Karma’s a Bitch by Shannon Esposito and couldn’t wait to tell you all about it. I get excited when I get a chance to read a new author’s work, for I am often surprised and delighted. Karma is no exception. Shannon is a fine storyteller, and has a world of potential. Her style is easy to read, flows nicely, and her characters are great.

Darwin is truly a girl after my own heart. An innocent soul lost in a reality she doesn’t truly understand, Darwin never-the-less manages to survive and thrive, drawing a unique cast of characters to her side.
Karma reminds me of a powerlifter I used to know, big, strong, loyal, and all too often underestimated. When Darwin and Karma team up to solve a mystery nobody wants solved, they are unstoppable. Their sheer determination will force the issue to reveal itself.

This book is a delightful little mystery, with an engaging cast of characters, holds a number of twists and turns, and a surprise ending. I thought I had the crime figured out, but nope, surprise ending.
Here’s where to find the book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Cover for 'Karma's A Bitch'

Karma’s a Bitch truly left me wanting more adventures from these characters. How about it Shannon, any chances?

7 comments:

  1. OH, Prudence thank you so much for reading! I thought you might like it as an animal person, so glad you did. And yes, I'm working on the next book right now. Well...after I stop getting distracted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of read. Will add it to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun read! I can't buy anymore books...again...until I buy some of yours :) Give me two of your favorites, and I'll get those when I get home this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, loved it and want more.
    Ginger, you will enjoy it for sure. Thanks for helping me get this up on FB properly, you da woman.
    April, bless your heart. DM on twitter with suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon, Karma sounds like a great book. I'm going to check it out today! :)

    Prudence, thanks for recommending this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great read. I love reading your reviews, always wants me to pick up the book ASAP:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the review, Pru. Sighhh I'm off to Amazon to check out Shannon's book.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest