Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

ROW80 check-in #7





Wednesday is here and I’m not quite ready. However, it is a cold rainy day so maybe I can catch up a bit. Ah well, time to ‘fess up. Here’s the scoop on my progress towards my goals since Sunday.


One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
Yep, right on track here.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 on my WIP words each week.
I’m way behind here, only about six hundred so far.

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
I’m just waiting for the cover of one book right now and I will have another ready to go soon.

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
I’ve just started reading Stone Relics by Katy Walters. Great story, but not for the faint of heart or those with a weak stomach. You can find it here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/125390

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
I’ve managed to read and comment on several blogs. Too many in fact, that’s why my word count is down. The trouble is, there are so many great blogs out there. Sigh

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
I’m starting to organize this now. I have a couple written and need to add a couple more. More research is in order. J

Ok, that’s about it for today folks. How was your week? Did you hit your targets? Let me know how it went for you.

I’ve posted a chapter of my current WIP here: http://www.prudencemacleod.com/p/immortal-tigress.html
I’d love some feedback if you have the time to read it.



10 comments:

  1. Remember, progress is progress :) It's great that you're trying to nurture others and be supportive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ryan, thanks, a pat on the back always helps. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow. Totally impressive list of goals! You've got a lot coming up. Ryan's right, progress is progress. Gotta hang in there. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're doing pretty well to me! Erotic, huh? I don't think I could do it. And 6 novels??? Sheesh! I'm trying to get 2 out this year! But then again, this is my first time ever self-pubbling, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, remember, I have four dogs, no kids and I'm retired. I have a bit more free time to write than most folks.

      Delete
  4. I'm finding that the more I meet my social media goals, the less I meet my word count goals. And forget about gym goals! I guess we all need to find the balance, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I hear you. I'm still looking for that magic balance. :)

      Delete
  5. It's easy to get distracted by the social media. My family is telling me I must find a balance. Maybe you pick a day or stick to hours. But I found there are days that are more important to be on that others. Just my take. I suck at the whole twitter banter though. :-/ I have little doubt you'll pull through in the end. You always seem to find a way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, thanks so much for the confidence. I'm planning a bit of a shake up in my routine today. We'll see if I sparkle or explode. tee hee

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest