Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, January 12, 2012


Bloggers

Hi folks, we’re back to playing the Versatile Blogger Award game again. Actually, I love this game of dishing our awards to fellow bloggers who deserve the recognition. I have received the reward many times, and I am deeply honored each time, but, due to time restrictions, have not participated as often as I would like. So, today is my day to play!
Award
It is a cold (-12 and a lot more out in the wind) but sunny day. To get myself in the right frame of mind I took the dogs out for a brisk walk and now I’m wide awake and ready to play. Here are the rules:
1.      Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2.      Add the award picture to your blog if you so desire.
3.      Nominate other bloggers you believe deserve the award.
4.      Share seven random and unusual things about yourself.


The first think I must do is thank Barry Crowther for giving me this wonderful award. Barry’s blog is always a great read, you can find it here: http://barrycrowther.com/  Thanks Barry, you da man.

Next, for those I nominate, please know that participation is strictly voluntary. I’m really not trying to make work for you, I just want to tell the world how great you are.

Now for bloggers who deserve the award. It gives me great pleasure to pass this award on to a few folks who always give me something new and different to read. Check them out; I know you’ll love them as I do.





I want to include one more here. This lady is new, but has a world of promise and her blog is evolving with each post. Check out this rising star.

Seven things about me. Hmm.  Brace yourselves.
1.      I once sat on Hadrian’s Wall.
2.      I’m learning to play the Irish Drum
3.      I like windy weather
4.      I prefer to drive stick
5.      I can’t touch type
6.      I love tall sexy boots
7.      My hand writing is illegible. Sometimes even I can’t read it.

So that’s it for today folks. Please do check out the blogs I have mentioned, they’re well worth a look.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats, winners!

    I love your writing/blogging voice, Prudence. Just sayin... ;) And I adore sexy boots, too. Care to bring that drum to my future bestselling writers band???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks August. Sure, we'll be better off with the drum than if I try to sing. ewee I can play Grandfather's Clock on the banjo, will that help? :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, thank you so much! What an honor! I will have to do my own award blog tomorrow though. I'm so glad to have met you! You've already been such an inspiration and encouragement to me.

    BTW, I HATE windy weather! LOL. I did learn driving a stick though. My mom wanted us all to know how to drive a stick so that we could drive anything, and I loved it. Don't have one now, though, and don't really want it. Too much traffic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. Yeah, I know, most folks don't like the wind, but it's like a lullaby to me.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love sexy boots too! My husband has bought me 3 pairs in the past 2 years, so he must enjoy them as well! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boots and skirts is a rocking look. Sounds like your man likes it too. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much, Prudence! This is such a fun surprise and honor. And who doesn't love tall, sexy boots. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL we have #s 4, 5 and 7 in common! The only reason I don't like tall boots (sexy or otherwise) is because I'm short, so they always hit me in the wrong place! So I love short boots instead. :) And I love driving my manual-shift Camaro - whenever I drive my old car (automatic) it feels so passive. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I find I'm a more attentive driver when I have to shift for myself.
      I'm tall so the boots work for me, if I can get them to fit my calf. sigh

      Delete
  6. I love to drive vehicles with stick shifts, Prudence. There's something so boring about an automatic. Maybe the stick shift makes ones feel like they have more power beneath them. :)

    Congratulations on the blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Sheila, an automatic can make you feel a bit...shiftless. groan

      Delete
  7. I love long sexy boots, but I'm so short, I can't wear them...and with the snow we usually get here in Calgary, I need warm boots, not sexy ones. More's the pity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the snow. I have a pair of heavy Logan's for clearing the driveway and walking dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest