Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

ROW80 Check-in #3


I woke up to a snowstorm today. This is both good and better. I have lots of time to write this morning as I’m snowbound. Ha, love it!  Take a look out my kitchen window.


So far I’ve had a productive week; here’s what I’ve got on the go.


One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
Yep, right on track here.

Two: Write a minimum of 2500 words each week.
Got this week covered already, now to make up last week’s shortfall.

Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
I didn’t publish this week (dang) but I have managed to revise three chapters of a WIP. I also started a new Novan Witch novel.

Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
Reviewed Karma’s a Bitch by Shannon Esposito. Great story, great new writer, check her book out here:
Cover for 'Karma's A Bitch'

Now I’m looking for another new writer to check out; anybody got a book by a new writer for me to check out?

Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
This one is a work in progress. I have read and commented on about fifteen blogs or more in the past three days.

Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.
This one is in the works. Patience folks, patience. Tee hee

So, how's your week going? 


18 comments:

  1. Way to go! The idea of being snowbound sounds fun for a minute, except I don't like the cold, or the snow. I'm sure you will get a lot done, though! You have some pretty big goals. I'm glad I'll get to see how you work toward those over the course of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great. Like Emma said, you're gonna get loads done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think you stay super busy! Good work. I admire your goals. Way to go & keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful writer's world you live in! Beautiful view. You're inspiring with your goals...I've kept my healthy living goals so far but it's only the 11th??? gah! lol
    Thanks again for the book love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pru, you do more is week than I do in a year ... heck, I got tired just reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juliana, Wendy Jane, Shannon, thanks for the kudos ladies. Comments like these keep me going. :)

    Chris, get cracking brother, right after your nap of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I have gotten into a bad habit. At least as far as getting MY work done or for that matter, sleeping. I stumbled across this incredible author several months ago. You know, one of those that you can't put down until you've read the book to the poit of memorization. Then you wait (REALLY working that whole patience thing), for the next release. I have had to be very disciplined about making sure I don't open one of these treasures if I don't have three hours or so to finish the story. Imagine my dismay at finding myself with lots of time to savor the latest story and due to my computer not wanting to recognise my nook, I cannot download except from BN.com which doesn't carry the book yet. ARRRRGGGG!! I am going through Prudence withdrawals!!! By the way, have you thought of doing a sequel to Ghost Piper?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Crystianna,thank you so much. It is letters like this that keep me writing. More from the Ghost of Laurie Hibbs, eh? hmm I'll put some thought into that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friends think I am nuts, mostly because I keep telling them to abandon all hope for a better past. I have found that I enjoy making people smile when their day is going south in front of me, I am trying to learn from your girls. Thought you might like the reminder that they are not JUST stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystianna, so you see through that do you. I once tried to write a self-help book, but it sucked, so I put all the good stuff into the novels, hoping that each reader would come away with something meaningful. I am truly thrilled that you have.

    So, can I ask a small favor? Could you pop a few short (but glowing) reviews on Smashwords, or Goodreads, or B&N or....
    I know, I'm shameless. sigh You get that way when you get old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Six novels? Wow. And I'm still trawling through one and no where near to completion...

    Good luck with your targets and I hope you enjoy your snowday. :D

    Kelly.
    http://www.blog.co.uk/user/koldham/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You never cease to amaze me Prudence. I can only hope to be like you one day. For now I will keep plugging away at my trilogy and my Row80 goals which aren't nearly as ambitious as yours. I even declined from posting about them on Wednesdays, I'm that bad. Shame on me. But I'm here shaking my pompoms for you. Go Prudence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Debra, I had such a clear visual of you with the pom-poms. Awesome. Thanks for the cheer.

      Delete
  13. Well you're doing great Prudence! Keep it up girl!

    I'm cheering you on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great progress, Prudence!
    The bucket list for genres we haven't already tried is a good idea. Maybe you should post about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Idea Fabio, I'll put it in my idea file. Thanks!

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest