Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year Goals


ROW80 Check-in, Jan 4/2012

Here I go again, trying something new to see if I can do it. Missing the first check-in didn’t look too promising, did it? Ah well, family obligations played merry hob with all my good intentions over the past couple of weeks. With any luck at all I am back on track now, so here goes, goals for the next eighty days as well as for 2012.


This is my "You expect me to do what? Seriously?" look.  Yes, me old trout, we are going to do the following in 2012.

One: Write something at least five times or more each week.
Two: Write a minimum of 2500 words each week.
Three: Publish at least six new novels in 2012.
Four: Read and review six or more first novels by new authors. (I don’t give bad reviews, so don’t panic, I’m friendly, honest. J
Five: do more to be supportive of new and struggling writers.
Six: Publish a small collection of erotic short stories. Hey, I’ve been around for over sixty years, and this one is on my bucket list. I will make it happen in 2012.

Ok, it is pouring rain from the heavens right now, I have to get back to work on the Long Ship; we could need it.

17 comments:

  1. That's pretty brave there, Pru ... publishing your 'to-do' list in front of God and everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing list--look forward to reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, that's what makes me stick to them; too many witnesses.

    Coleen, Steph, thanks for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo know what you mean about family obligations!I feel like I just lost 2 weeks of my life, though I'm sure that's not a healthy way to look at the holidays...lol. Good luck with your 2012 goals! If you'd like to read my pet psychic book (since you're a dog gal) I'll be glad to gift you a copy. Just let me know what format! soespo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...seeks to bring out the Valkyrie in every woman." I like the sound of that. Lots of goals, good luck with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Six new novels? I'm awestruck. Also, what's the long ship? Are you building a boat in five spare minutes you have every day?

    Bravo for putting your goals out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 2500 words/week on my ROW80 goals too! Best wishes kicking it into gear. Hope you have a terrific round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so brave to publicly list your goals. That's why I don't do ROW80. If I'm going to fail, I want to do it in the privacy of my own home. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an incredibly busy year you've mapped out. I get it. I'm going to Maui to hear Wayne Dyer in 3 weeks - one of my bucket items. He's 71 and has cancer. I'm 61. I had to ask myself how many more opportunities I'd have to hear him in his home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hey there Prudence! How are you girl?

    Sorry it's taken me so long to pop on by, but family stuff got in the way.

    Wow, I didn't know that you had jump onboard ROW80. That's awesome! And you have some mighty fine goals to attain. The publish 6 new novels and short stories in one year takes me back a bit. But hey, may the force be with you!

    Look, don't beat yourself up too bad about not posting your goals on the first round. I forgot about today and posted another blog. lol

    Oh well, there's always next week. What are they going to do with me? Kick me out? Just give me a good swift kick in the butt is what I probably need! lol

    Take care Prudence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe you can do it; I've seen how fast you write, lol! Being under the microscope does add some incentive, for me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you can do it - just look at all those books! I so want to buy all of them, but I can't...I desperately need to pay off my Christmas debt before I spend more money on books. Besides, I do have so many, there's no way I'll read them all before I die. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey folks, thanks for the good words and encouragement. Going public with my goals has always helped me work harder at meeting them. May you all have a happy and successful new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Prudence, you make me feel like a slacker. From my small section of the world, I'll be rooting of you. Go, Prudence, go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely understand family obligations at holiday time! Thanks for stopping by my place and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest