Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Story Published and ROW80 Check-in




Hi folks, it’s check-in time again and I’m feeling a bit better about the state of affairs right now. So here’s how the week is shaping up, goals wise.

1.      Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins
Got the first one done and the second almost ready to go. Life is good.

2.      Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
I have managed to visit several more blogs this week. Wow, you guys are putting out some truly interesting stuff. Awesome!

3.      Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week
Ok, I’m over half way there this week. Looks like a few rainy days coming up so I should have no problem here at all.

4.      I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.
I’ve got one ready for the editor, and another almost ready for her. I fully expect to exceed this goal easily.

5.      Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round
I’m still looking for a first book to read. Come on, one of you must have one just out. Come on, ‘fess up, you can trust me. (rubs hands gleefully)

6.      Publish two or more short works (between five and twenty five thousand words)
I just this day published the first of these. It is called “The First Key” It is a sci-fi story of about 17K words, available on Smashwords here:

This should be up on Amazon by tomorrow. I'll publish a link as soon as I have one.

Now, as a bonus for reading my blog, here’s the coupon for a free copy It is good until June 25. UZ27H
Happy reading! Feedback is always welcome so don’t be shy.

So, how are you all doing this week?




7 comments:

  1. Hee Hee!!! YAY I own an offical copy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the release. I'm looking forward to checking it out.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the release! Definitely going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, let me get the "Thank You" for the story. Just what I needed for avoiding...I mean contemplating what I need to do next on my WiP.. ;-)

    Also, HUGE congratulations for all the progress you are making on your ROW goals. While I hate to be cheering extra days closed in at home, I do know that we really need rain (at least around where I live...it's been a very dry Spring), and since you need more writing time take the best of things.

    Have a lovely "rest of the week", Prudence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Fabulous! You go girl. You are a power house. I am inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for the kind words and support. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest