Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, April 9, 2012

Returned


In the words of Ray Stevens, I have returned.” The power is back on and I’m ready to roll once again. The power interruptions were a bit of a crazy thing. Something went SNAFU with the power company’s equipment that had nothing at all to do with the weather or terrorists.

Apparently, if a scenario is so remote as to be virtually impossible, there’s no need to have redundant systems in place to cover that eventuality. Right? Sure… Ok, so the impossible happened, but all has been made right once again, and here I am.

One of the side effects of the outage was me being unable to meet my ROW80 goals, or even to post a check-in. I did try to get some writing done on my stone age laptop (pen and paper), but I seemed to have started a new story and got nothing at all done on any of the current WIPs. Bugger!

Ok, so here’s me, nose to the grindstone, trying to get caught up by the end of the week.

So, what did I miss while I was in cyber-limbo, anything good?  Is there something new I should check out?


12 comments:

  1. New story huh?? Is it to early fo me to start drooling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the ol' 'power went out' gambit ... I know that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dude, this ain't a job where you try to get out of work, this is the job when you get pissed if you can't work.

      Delete
  3. You deserve a lot of credit for still writing, even with your stone-age tools! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennette. It's a compulsion. I have to write something.

      Delete
  4. It's good to have you back! I can't imagine being without electricity. You are a brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, when the power goes off the silence is deafening. We have no idea how much background noise there is all the time.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I was gone for quite some time too! Good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have done the same thing - grab one of my journals and start scrolling. I it crazy to say that the power outage was a sign? You needed to do less social media and more story focus. :) I'm back, too! Yay for us!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest