Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Somebody Messed Up


Somebody screwed up, badly. 



For the past two weeks or so we have had warm Spring weather with sunny days for the most part. So, naturally, we put all the heavy coats, long-johns, scarves, mittens, and hats into storage. Yep, we messed up. We live here and we should know better. There’s an iceberg in the bay, and today I woke up to snow on the ground, and a temperature of -5C with the wind chill. Brrr.
(Ok so this is an exaggeration. The bit we got is already melted)

Ok, here in Newfoundland complaining about the weather is a national pastime. Now that I have done my duty to the former republic, let’s get on with the good stuff. This is a ROW80 check-in after all.


The Goals

1.      Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins
Ok, got it.

2.      Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
I am still managing to average about five or more blogs per day.

3.      Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week
Oh yeah, got this one finally.

4.      I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.
The editor is having a go at the next novel as we speak. This one is going to rock. I believe it will classify as Y/A romance. Thinking of a cover now.

5.      Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round
Got in one review this week so I’m quite happy here.

6.      Publish two or more short works, between five and twenty five thousand words.
I have already published the first of two, working on an idea for the second.

All in all I am pleased with this week. Not only did I get lots done, but I’ve had a chance for a long discussion with my editor and feel my work will greatly improve as a result of this ongoing discussion. Life is good.

So tell me, how did you all make out? Did you hit your targets? Overcome the obstacles?  Let me know how you’re doing and remember, there’s a coupon for a free copy of The First Key at the right of the page.

24 comments:

  1. we got snow yesterday as well. I was less then impressed.

    I am impressed by your prolificness. Sounds like you've had a great year with your write goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Asrai, yes, I've had a great year so far. We did walk the dogs today. brrr

      Delete
  2. Brrrr! It can get that cold here in Kansas, but not this far into spring. Hope it doesn't stay that cold long. Good job on meeting your ROW goals, Prudence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynette, we took the dogs for a walk in the sun, but that wind was bitter. Snuggled up to a hot coffee right now. mmm!

      Delete
  3. Excellent work this week :) As for the weather, she always likes to keep up on our toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ryan. Yes, when I first arrived on the Rock years ago I was told that you don't come here for the climate. That is so true some days.

      Delete
  4. Put away winter clothes??? People do that?? I get weird looks from my southern family when I go to visit in July because I have a down coat, snowboots, insulated coveralls and a heavy sleeping bag in my vehicle. People just don't believe that we get snow here in the middle of summer, but there has been more than one day that I have had customers come in for dinner, sunburnt from playing at the lake in the hot sun only to hae to scrape several inches of snow off their vehicle by the end of their meal!
    Hmmm, I have been tripped up by these conversions before, lemme see -5 C is..... 23F. Yup that was my low earlier this week. Brrr. Still that low when you got up? Ick. Maybe it will burn off to a beautiful day.

    Great job on your goals girl! I know the great outdoors has played it's siren's call on you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, the sun did warm things up a bit, but it is still bitter out there.

      Delete
  5. well no snow here but did get caught again in the hail - I got out summer clothes a couple of weeks ago and they are still hangin in wardrobe and the hastily brought out again winter clothes drapped across the chair - grumbling that they have already had to work for7months and do I really expect them to work again":( UK not as cold as you but still it's a bit much at end of May.

    You had a good week and so did I, thanks to you and your review thanks
    All the best for this coming week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alberta, I do understand about grumbling winter clothes. tee hee I'm glad the review was helpful. Loved the stories.

      Delete
  6. Wow! You go!
    And if you want some hot weather to complain about, visit South Texas. If you like dogs, you can stay with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty snow... LOL, I complained on my blog today that we seem to have bypassed spring all together and here you're still trying to shake off winter.

    Excellent week. It sounds like you have your goals firmly in hand...way to go. Wishing you another fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raelyn, yep, Mother Nature is a hard lady to figure out sometimes.

      Delete
  8. We're used to crazy, can't-make-up-its-mind weather here in Ohio, but, ouch! This week was crazier than usual! My husband saw a few snowflakes yesterday, but for the most part, the white stuff stayed in northeast Ohio. And weird weather or not, you are rockin' it with your goals! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Complaining about the weather is a regional past time here as well - they never guess it correctly. And I do mean guess. Anyhow...

    Great job, Pru, you are getting a ton accomplished and a real inspiration on that front to many of us. I know I've felt in a slump recently (energy, not production) and getting a taste of your upbeat attitude has helped to recharge my batteries. Thanks and have a fantastic week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gene, hope your energy is back up soon. Love those Wednesday posts of your's.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi Sally, I'll post a picture of the iceberg next blog post. Keep watching. :)

      Delete
  11. I commented and then it disappeared. talking about weather is a constant past time in Calgary as well. you're doing so well on your goals, I'm in awe. well done. keep it up - you're putting us all to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great success on your goals!! Sorry about the crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the crazy weather is beautiful! Congratulations on your fabulous goals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have pictures of icebergs in Conception Bay that were taken on my 1957 trip NFL ... in the summer ... albeit from the opposite side. One in particular is interesting ... a small one that had drifted close to Rose's Cliff had me holding me my brother's legs while he hung over the edge to snap a photo.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest