Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, April 2, 2012

Eleven Questions




Ok, I’ve been tagged once again; this time for the Eleven Questions game. This should be fun. Thanks go out to Lynette Burrows: http://lynettemburrows.com/lynettesblog/ for the invitation to play. First the rules:

The rules for 11 Questions:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions on your blog. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.

All right, here we go.

1.What book or series can you read over and over again without getting bored?
LOTR

2. What TV show character do you hate and why?
I almost never watch TV so that’s a toughie. I guess it would be Mary Tyler Moore. She’s just too much, you know? Just once I’d have liked to see her show up in stilettos, fishnets, and leather then whip the boys into shape.

3. If you were a super hero, what is your super hero name and your special power?
I am Prudence MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in the village of Glenn Finnan, on the shores of Loch Sheil, in the year of our lord twelve hundred and sixty-two. I am immortal.

4. What is your favorite ear worm (song that gets stuck in your head)?
You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban.

5. If you could be any character of the opposite sex in any story, who would you be and why?
James Bond, because he gets all the great girls.

6. What was the worst job you’ve ever had and why?
I once worked in a foundry for several weeks. It was hot, dirty, and vile. At the end of every shift it took hours to clear all the coal dust from my lungs. Oh yes, the foreman was a pig.

7. What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?
They didn’t invent TV until centuries after I was grown.

8. What mode of transportation (horse, automobile, bus, train, boat, airplane, space plane, etc.) would you never want to use and why?
Long haul bus because I’ve been there too many times.

9. What job/occupation would you never want to try?
Oh, now let’s see; I have tried quite a few, but I have avoided politics. I just don’t think I have a thick enough skin.

10. If you could tweet a warning or encouragement to one person in history, what would you tweet to whom and why?
Leonardo da Vinci. “A flying machine Leo? Seriously?”
Why? He was always going off on some wild scheme or other.

11. Tell us about one thing on your bucket list.
I still want to write and publish a small collection of erotic short stories. I actually have a few in rough draft.

Ok, that’s it for me; to tag a few unsuspecting folks.
2.      Jennette Powell http://www.jenpowell.com/
3.      Coleen Patrick http://coleenpatrick.com/
4.      Annette Gendler http://www.annettegendler.com/
5.      Kinley Baker http://authorkinleybaker.blogspot.ca/
6.      SJDriscoll http://sjdriscoll.com/
7.      Liz Schulte http://www.lizschulte.com/
8.      Charis Maloy http://charismaloy.wordpress.com/
9.      K.B.Owen http://kbowenmysteries.com/
10.  Jennifer Oliver http://www.small-escapes.com/

Ok folks, you’ve been tagged. Remember, only play if it is something you want to do. Now, here are your questions.
1.      What is the greatest thing you’ve found under your sofa cushions?
2.      Who is your greatest hero?
3.      If you went to dinner with your favorite celebrity, what would you order and why?
4.      What inspired the idea for your current WIP?
5.      Right handed or left?
6.      Laptop or desktop?
7.      You wake up in a strange room with a stranger in bed beside you, what’s the first thing you say?
8.      You suddenly discover you have the power of telekinesis, what’s the first thing you do?
9.      Who most inspired you to write?
10.  You get one big do-over in life, what do you change?
11.  Ballet or pro wrestling?

Well, that’s about it for me. This is all just for fun, folks, so only play if you wish and feel free to avoid any questions you would rather not answer. (We’ll talk later in private. Wink wink.) 

11 comments:

  1. I am with you on the politics!
    Thanks for the tag Prudence. I played last week on my blog, but I have to say your questions are great. Ballet or pro wrestling? Probably neither, but I wouldn't mind watching some pro wrestlers in tutus attempting to perform swan lake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the questions you posed to your receivers! And some of your responses made me laugh out loud. No television growing up? I don't believe that.

    Fun stuff!

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it Patricia, I was fourteen before the family bought a TV. It got one station and that badly. I'm a child of the radio.

      Delete
    2. Well, you have a very youthful look about you! I remember my mom telling me about how their family used to gather around the radio to listen to certain programs. It actually sounds kind of fun!

      My first television experience was black and white. We didn't have a color t.v., or a remote control, until I was a teen-ager, but that's because my parents were cheap!

      Patricia

      Delete
  3. Great answers, Prudence! Oh, I do agree about politics being the very last thing I'd ever want to do. And Coleen - pro wrestlers in tutus?! Girl! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynnette, and thanks for the tag. It was fun.

      Delete
  4. Good grief, you're fast woman! No wonder you've written a gazillion novels :-) Love the Leonardo comment. *bows* There can be only one.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon. I wondered if anyone would recognize the Highlander. Good call.

      Delete
  5. Oh what fun! You crack me up. Your answer about TV...and I loved #5! I think I'd be Bond too but because he gets such great toys! I like new electronic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi April, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest