Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Success


It is going to be a Merry Christmas after all. We now have Charis safely across the border and all is well here in the north. 

However, with all the upset and confusion, I haven’t got a lot of writing done, as you might guess.

I have, however, made a good start on the next book in the Novan series, I have finished most of my Christmas shopping, I have wrapped the gifts, and am looking forward to a few days of a slower pace.

Let me now wish all of you the happiest days of the season, no matter what name you give it. May it be a season of peace and joy, of love and sharing, of hope for a better and brighter year to come.

Now for the last Row80 check-in of this round.

Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
Not much accomplished this week.

2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me!
I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
There were no requests this week.

3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
I did manage this one, but just barely.

Well that’s the round for me folks. I started off with a bang, but ground to a halt near the end. How did you all do? Successful, I do hope.

8 comments:

  1. Don't know how you did it, but I'm glad! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liv. Apparently, Canada Customs has a habit of targeting single women travelling alone. We got some stellar advice from folks on-line who have been through this before and our second attempt was successful. Yay for internet friends.

      Merry Christmas to you and yours. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for Charis! And to you for finally bringing her to her new home. Sounds like you had a good ROW80, even if you slowed down near the end. Heck, I did too, but I'd still call my round a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennette. Yes indeed, I am calling this round a win and looking forward to a big family Christmas. All the best from our house to yours. :)

      Delete
  3. Whew! Good to know that the mission was successful Prudence! Yay for Charis! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, we're all quite thrilled to have that over and done.

      Delete
  4. "Canada Customs has a habit of targeting single women travelling alone." What???
    Is that an official position? Or just a few overbearing idiots? Is there a reason? Or just male chauvenist cussedness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt there is anything official, but the number of women who contacted us with similar stories was quite surprising. The thing is, now there's a flag on her passport that should not be there. Now every time she comes to visit there will be a bit hassle from customs. I really don't understand why my friend was treated like a criminal.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest