Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lights and Reflections


It’s a dark and dreary day here on the Rock. It has warmed up a bit, but hasn't rained as yet. It was a perfect chance to put up the Christmas Lights. First there is the hunt, you know the one. First you hunt up the ladder to the attic, you find the right box, you locate simple things like the hangers, the big outdoor ladder, the outdoor extension cords, and only after you have assembled all this are you ready to put up the lights. I’m still missing one extension cord. Okay, task complete. Here’s what it looked like on the studio last year.

At the age of 63 I wonder how many times I have performed this hunt and hang ritual. How many more times will I be able to do it? Okay, I'm getting depressed, time for some eggnog and a chat with friends. That always cheers me up. :) 

Now for the ROW80 check in.

Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
I've managed 1K so far this week, not a good sign. I've still got a bit of the NaNo burnout going on. sigh
2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
No requests to interview me this week, but I did interview an awesome author. I will post that interview this Friday.
3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
This I did manage to do. You knew I’d get this one easy. J

So that’s it for me today, folks. Let me know how you’re getting on as the busy season begins to hit high gear.

Please come back Friday and meet the amazing Jennette Marie Powell, author extraordinaire, and full time super woman.  

4 comments:

  1. well we never hung lights outside but I remember dad and then later myself with the yearly sorting of lights - there was always 1 bulb that didn't work and would short them all. The only way forward was to test each one individualy:( they are so much better now:)

    Hope you get them up and keep smiling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alberta, I remember that. It used to drive me crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeezy peezy, you're wonder woman! These are some pretty dang impressive goals, my WANA-sister. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks for the encouragement, Jenny. I doubt I would get half as much done without the support of the WANA groups. You folks sure do keep me energized.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest