Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Windy Old Weather

Hi Folks,

The wind has been blowing long and strong for over a week now. It makes everything you do outdoors more challenging. In spite of that we have made further progress on the farm. More seeds have been started and another long bed has been prepared.


Also, the mighty rhubarb is ready for the first harvest. Amazing. Most Newfoundlanders won't be planting their gardens for a couple of weeks yet because of frost danger. However, we're ready to claim the first harvest of the year. Today we make jam! Yay!!!


Last year it grew this big:

Now for a ROW80 check-in.

I managed the 1500 words this week so I'll shoot for another this coming week. My publisher did ask me to write a sequel to Immortal Tigress, so it has begun. 

The working title is Shapeshifter and I'll post a few teasers on this blog from time to time. Stay tuned.

Bless
Pru

7 comments:

  1. The possibility of still having a frost in June blows my mind. Good luck from a ROW80 blog hopping friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, we can get frost up until about mid June or slightly later.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the progress, both with the farm and the writing.

    I love rhubarb and I'm thinking of planting some myself when I get my garden ready - next year.

    Patrica Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, wish you were here. I have rhubarb overflowing. We've already made the first batch of jam and I may have to do another yet today. Good thing I like the stuff. I can send you some seeds later if you like. Just remind me.

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome. When should I be reminding you?

      Patricia

      Delete
  3. As it stands, at some point in the next few years, we may find ourselves growing our own food. Looks like you've got it down to a science. Congrats on the 1,500 words. That's great. Hope you have an amazing week. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph, growing your own food is the way to go, beat the prices, get fresh organic food, and get something for your labors. If you manicure a lawn you spend a lot of money and do a lot of work with little return. Grow food, not lawns. Yes, the farm was inspired by my dislike of mowing the dang lawn. tee hee

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest