Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Genesis of an Urban Farmer (1)

Hi Folks,

The time has come. I have faced food rotting in my fridge far too often lately. Sadly, we have reached the stage of, buy it, eat it now. We are an isolated island in the North Atlantic and food travels a long way to get here. Too long.

Newfoundland was once self sufficient in the food department. It is time to get back to those roots. (pun intended) So, we have begun. We have a fair sized lot, let's see what we can do with it. Welcome to Brier Rose Farm, the beginning.

The soil is too poor on our lot so we will be constructing raised bed and green houses. Yes, my darlings, we have a plan. We have already staked out the future gardens.  I will be keeping a record of our efforts on this blog. Thus the new name. 

This is going to be such fun. Any advice, ideas, suggestions, etc. Will be welcomed. Come on, you can make a farmer out of me, sure you can. tee hee hee

Stay tuned
Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest