Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Keep Them Out! Fencing.

Hi folks,
Well, it's time for another update from Brier Rose Farm. (No, not a bit pretentious, not me. hee hee hee) This past week saw a few delays, but we managed to get back on track. Tomorrow I hope to finish the fence. You know, keep the dogs and rabbits out and that wild bunch of strawberries in.


Once that fence is finished, then these guys go inside out of harm's way. This pic shows only half of them. I'll be up to my neck in cukes in just a few weeks.

Now on to a ROW80 check-in.

This week I managed to hit 1500 words, making up a bit for last week. Shooting for another thousand words this coming week.

I will admit this is pretty small compared to my usual output, but it is only meant to keep my hand in while I concentrate on other things. I expect there will be no farming to do in December, January, and February. Perhaps even most of March. I'll put the push on the writing then to catch up a bit before next season.

Well, that's it for today. Drop me a line and let me know how you're getting on. I do love to hear from you all.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you have a lot to do! If I didn't work full time, I would have a huge garden (nothing like a farm, LOL), but I just can't seem to fit it in as crazy as my life is. Your fencing reminds me that I probably need to put some bird netting over my blueberry bush before the bird discover it. :) I can't wait for my blueberries and onions to be ready. I think 1500 words is great! Especially with all the farming going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauralynn,is it Lauralynn or Laura Lynn? Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by. I know what you mean. I spent the past five years chained to the computer writing. All that sitting has had a serious effect on my health. So, writing goes to hobby status during gardening season then swaps places with farming during the winter.
      Speaking of blueberries, I hope to plant berry bushes all along one side of that fence. Love blueberries. Think of me when you're enjoying yours. I'll have blueberry envy. tee hee

      Delete
  2. Living in a notch up from rural "city" (I really think they should make where I live turn that term in and accept the fact it is indeed a small town), I know just how important such fences are. You did a great job protecting your crops. :) And 1500 isn't nothing to sneeze at when it is a lower priority. That's a great amount. I wish you bountiful crops and more words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria, thanks for the encouragement. I love small towns. You can have a far better quality of life in a small town than in a city. You are quite right, the writing will take a back seat to the crops until the snow falls then I'll swap them around. Write first then dream about planting spring crops. Not such a bad life at all.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a beautiful start to the garden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cindy. There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm already excited about seeing it all green. Notice the fence is well away from the beds, next year the plan it to line the inside of the fence with fruit trees and berry bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep those critters out Pru! Boy, it's a lot of work. But you're going to have a fantastic garden with all those fresh summer veggies when it's finished. 1500 words! You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. Yeah, I'm just glad I'm not on the big island. That poor fence would never stop a moose. All we have to worry about on the small island is rabbits. No problem. Today is looking good for getting a lot more seed in the ground. I get to play in the dirt today. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest