Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Penalty Box



Hi folks, yes I’m a day late with this post. I do have an excuse. Actually, being a writer, I can give you a wide variety of excuses. However, as much as I’d like to be the hero here, it just isn’t true.  So, I will now confess the truth. Actually, I have no choice as Charis caught me in the act. The truth is, after I finished the morning writing and household chores yesterday; I got sucked into World of Warcraft.
Caught in the act!


Five minutes in the penalty box feeling great shame.



Okay, on the bright side, my next romance novel should be available next week. It is almost ready to go. I will post an excerpt tomorrow just to whet your appetite.

All right, time for the ROW80 check-in.
Goals:
1.      Write 10,000 words per week. (I’ve managed about 7K this week so far. I’m happy with that.)
2.      Read 10,000 words per week. (Got it.)
3.      Edit ten pages of a completed MS. (five done so far.)
4.      Feature a new author every Friday (I wasn’t able to this week. I’ll post an excerpt from my upcoming romance.)
5.      Read and comment on 10 blogs per week. (Six so far.)
6.      Log my computer time to see where I can change my work and play habits for the better. (I am NOT going to confess how much time I have wasted on WOW. (World of Warcraft.)
Well, that’s it for me today folks. For those of you on my mailing list, expect some goodies very soon.
Bye folks, see you tomorrow. Let me know how you’re getting on, I love to hear from you. J

2 comments:

  1. LOL at least you are honest! And at least you did the writing and the houseword FIRST before getting sucked into WOW! My BFFs from high school have been trying for years to get me into that, and I won't even try it because I KNOW what will happen! Still, 7k while playing that much WOW is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 5 minutes in the penalty box? I'd have made it 6 at the very least.

    But you get credit for being honest. No - wait - you don't because you didn't confess, you were caught red-handed. Have you no shame?

    That goal - " . . .log my computer time to see where I can change my work and play habits . . ." - that's a good one.

    It's early spring fever. That's what it is. See. I knew there was a good reason for you to be slacking off. Now get to work.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest