Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday’s Excerpt




Hello again, folks,
Yesterday I confessed my sins, well, yeah, confessed is a good enough word. I admit I recently have been escaping into World of Warcraft, but for me the most fun is creating the characters then trying to figure out how they would interact with their world.


Okay, enough of that. Just to show that I have been working some, I will tell you I have finished the first draft of my current WIP and am now doing the first read through and tidy up. My word count may go down a bit, but this is the fun part too and I want to savor it a bit.

All right, I promised you a peek into the new Romance novel we’re putting out soon. Here it is. Two very special people meet for the first time.
* * * * *
Janice paid the taxi driver then climbed out of the car. As she retrieved her suitcases and took a step back, she stepped right into a man who’d been passing by with his head down. He staggered back but he did not fall and, although Janice dropped her bags, she did not fall as he leaped to her side and caught her arm to steady her. “I’m so terribly, terribly sorry, are you harmed?” he asked with a strong English accent.

The man was tall and well into his forties, although obviously still quite an athlete. The look of deep concern on his face and the air of sadness about him roused every maternal instinct Janice had. Somehow she had to make him smile. “No, no, I’m fine,” she laughed, as she retrieved her arm and smiled warmly into his eyes, “I played rugby in my misspent youth, and as you have just witnessed, I can still take a hit and keep my feet.”

“Rugby?  Really?” The sadness was gone to be replaced by relief and a hint of mischief.  His whole face lit up when he smiled and his eyes twinkled with merriment. “What position did you play?”
* * * * *

Well, that’s it for today, folks. Have a great weekend. Oh, and let me know what you think. Also, if anybody has a picture of a night sky I could use for a book cover I’d love to see it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Prudence!

    You won the Versatile Blogger award! Congrats chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks you. I am honored you thought of me. However, I am in the throws of preparing not just one, but two books for release and can't participate in this fun project right now. Another time. :) Thanks again.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest