Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Dreaded Cold




Hi folks, not a lot to report this Sunday. I came down with a brutal cold this week so I've been doing a lot of this:

Instead of this:

In truth I've been napping more than anything. I so rarely ever get sick that I take it personally when I do. I know all too well that the only cure for a cold is time and toddies. Time will cure the cold and the toddies will help you pass the time.

I did, however, manage to meet my weekly goals, so here’s my ROW80 check in.


Goals: 

1. Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
Got it done, just. I am right on track here.

   2.  Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
Didn’t get a request this time. (sad! Lonely! Feeling unloved!) tee hee

   3. Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
Actually managing three or four per day so far. There are so many great blogs out there I could spend hours every day reading them and never get bored.

So, that’s it for me folks. Let me know how you’re doing; I do love hearing from you. Talk to the old sicko.

10 comments:

  1. have a throw the exact same colour:) look after yourself - you are doing the best thing- rest and liquid (not sure it was meant to be toddies :) keep smiling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alberta. I got that remedy from a Doctor Andrew College of Edinburgh. He claimed it never failed. However, I am drinking lots of water and orange juice too, just to hedge my bets.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about that cold. At least you're still being productive in other ways. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ryan, thanks for the good wishes. Not to worry, I'll mend in time; always do. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Vitamin D, Prudence. Seriously. My level was at a 12 a year and a half ago (WAY too low), so I did a lot of research (after my doctor put me on prescription D...to the tune of 100,000 i.u.'s a week...scared the snot out of me so I hit Google for about 10 days before I was brave enough to take that much...yeah, I have trust issues when it comes to doctors, lol).

    Anyway...it's thought that anyone who lives north of whatever latitude (?) Atlanta is, has a D deficiency...and it compromises the immune system. Based on what I've discovered, anyone north of Atlanta should have their levels tested. If not, 5,000 i.u.'s daily is thought to be safe (a professor swallowed an entire bottle of it to prove to his students that it was safe).

    Anyway...feel better soon!!! And have a toddy for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty, thanks for the suggestion. You're quite right abut the vitamin D thing. We get lots in summer, but not in winter. I'm upping my suppliments as of today. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, no! Feel better soon, Pru! Hugs, Kathy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K.B. Healthy me will see you soon. *raises toddy in salute*

      Delete
  5. Wow, you got a lot done despite being sick! I got hit with a cold last week, too, but luckily it was a mild one - enough to keep me from exercising but that's about it. Hope you're feeling better, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. I'm on the mend now and feeling more like myself.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest