Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, October 7, 2012

ROW80 Check-in




Hi folks, it’s time for the ROW80 check in, but first I want to share with you a fan letter I got the other day. This one made my day, and reminded me of why I do what I do. So here it is.

“Good Morning!
   
            At least it's morning here in Maryland.  I've written you before to say how much I've enjoyed your books but I just felt that I needed to write you again to tell you how much I truly enjoy your stories.  I first came across your books in March of this year.  Not so long ago really but it seems like a long time as your characters have become well known friends that I keep going back to time and again.  I just finished reading the St. John's series this past week.
            I purchased "At Loose Ends" first and the very next day I picked up "Deliberate Love."  The day after that I grabbed "Return from Exile & Arctic Gale."  Two days after that I picked up "The Ghost Piper" (that I only just recently read), "A Time for Hope" and "Wildflower."  Your characters grabbed me and pulled me into their lives and loves, their joys and their pain and it was a roller coaster ride of emotions.  I have laughed, cried and even gotten angry wanting to slap some of those people up beside their heads for their bigoted attitudes and lack of tolerance. 
            I've come to consider your books as my "feel good" books.  Any time I want to experience the joy, happiness and wonderful emotions of people loving and caring for each other I head back to your books and begin to read.  I love the characters, their strength of character and their outlook on life.  I love their stories and can read them over and over and not get tired of them.  I know I've read the "St. John's" series at least 4 times.  Calan, Angela, Moira, the Twins ... Even Gudrun are wonderful characters and they always succeed in making me smile. 
            Since I first picked up the first book, At Loose Ends, which has become one of my favorites, I've purchased 19 of your stories.  The last few being "Phoenix," "Arranged Marriage," and "Fortunate Fire."  Each one making me want to stretch a bit more and see what else you've done.  I can honestly say I've enjoyed them all (some more than others *S*).  I haven't gotten into your Sci-Fi stories much as yet but eventually I know I'll get them too. 
               "Shelly's Turn" and "A Simple Twist of Fate" are also two of my favorites.  The characters seem to come alive and their stories reach out and touch your heart and mind.  I've read each book I have at least twice and some many more than that.  All of them a joy to read. 
            I read a wide variety of books, from Westerns (Louis L'Amour, Zane Grey, Max Brand) to Science Fiction/Fantasy (Anne McCaffrey, David Weber, Andre Norton, Isaac Asimov, Poul Anderson, Philip Jose Farmer, Fred Saberhagen), Romance (Robyn Carr, Nora Roberts), Paranormal Romance (Amanda Ashley, Lara Adrian, J. R Ward, Lynsay Sands, Kerrilyn Sparks, Stephanie Meyers).  I also like Patricia Briggs, Jeaniene Frost, Michalle Sagara, Elizabeth Moon, Georgia Beers, R. E. Bradshaw, Kim Baldwin, Dana Marie Bell, Gerri Hill, Barrett, Leah Braemel, Julie Cannon, Carrie Carr, Cherise Sinclair, Kate Sweeney and many, many others.  I read all the time and I like going back and reading favorite stories over and over again. 


            Again, thank you for sharing your stories and for providing me with many many hours of enjoyment.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stories and being introduced to many more interesting and wonderful characters.

Respectfully,
Skip”

Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
I managed quite well here. WIP now stands at 45K+ words.
2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
Got this one. Accepted an invitation to trade interviews.
3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
Exceeded this easily. There are some great blogs out there.

Well, that’s it for me this time folks. If I manage to accomplish all the non-writerly things I have on my plate I may add a few more, but for now, this is it.  I wish you all great success with your goals and if I can help you in any way, please don’t hesitate to ask. Don’t forget, if you want to do an author interview I have to accept. Tee hee

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful email! Definitely makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? Good job on your goals, too! I'm looking forward to the interviews. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenn, yeah, it made my day alright. Will work on those interview questions tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I feel like writing a fan letter to this fan! ;-) So glad you received it, Prudence. Thanks for paying it forward by sharing. #AmInspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi August, I've gotten a few like that this week, but this was the best. Rocks my world for sure. :)

      Delete
  3. LOL I agree with August - this fan deserves a fan letter. Wow! What a great letter, Prudence and it's definitely deserved. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Rhonda. Letters like this do keep me going through the tough times. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest