Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Re-Boot


Hi folks, it is time for the ROW80 check-in again. This past week has been slow for the writing. Why? Well, let me show you. The weather has been spectacular so there has been much dog walking and Prudence dawdling around the island. It is hard to focus on the computer when it looks like this outside. Take a look!



Okay, time to report in. I did manage to get a few words written, so it isn’t all bad.

Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
I did manage to catch up here, barely. MS now stands at 10K words.

2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
I accepted a request for an interview from the University paper. (Go me!)

3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
This I did do.

Actually, poking around in the sunshine helped me relax and reset my mind. I now feel like I’m back on track again. I am fortunate to live in a place where this is right outside my door. So tell me, how do you folks get your mind and focus to re-boot?

Don’t forget, I’m always up for an interview.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see your progress! I muscle test through the numbers of the link ups and luckily fell on your number! Peace to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morgan, glad you picked me. Always a pleasure to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. What a landscape to relax into - how indeed to come indoors and write? I usually re-boot in the garden while my hands are engaed with the earth/plants - or sometimes streched on bed and letting mind drift. All the best for this week - I received your answers fine - am busy getting them ready:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get any gardening done this year, but it is at the top of the list for next year. Glad everything is okay, sorry it was so late.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful pictures...you are lucky to have such great views! :-) Looks like you had some fantastic progress this week too...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, yep, I am bless to live in this wonderful place. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on making your goals this week! Sounds like you needed a little relaxation - and what beautiful scenery to get it in. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennette. Yeah, I did need to stop for a deep breath or two. Funny how you get more productive when you do that, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Just think of it this way--we only have a few more weeks of really nice weather and then winter will set in. Once that happens, you won't want to go outside and you'll get plenty done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, Marcy and I do hope to get lots of writing done this winter. However, if I light a fire in the stove I might be tempted to sit close and knit from time to time. Yes, I am my own worst enemy. Tee hee

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest