Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fire!


It is a cold day today, the wind howling down out of the northwest chilling the air to near freezing. Like a fool, since the sun is shining, I took the dogs out for a walk. Two things became instantly apparent. One, all the cold weather clothes are still in storage. Two, I still haven’t replaced that fall windbreaker I lost last year.

However, all is not lost, good friends, for the wood burning stove installation has been completed. Observe the supervisor awaiting the first fire.

Here’s the fire keeping the house warm and cosy. I’m all warmed up with a mug of hot coffee in hand, so all is well in our world.

Now to the ROW80 progress report.

Goals: 
Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
5500 words written this week. I am right on track here.

1.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
Didn’t get a request this time. (Still sad! Lonely! Feeling unloved!) tee hee

2.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.
Actually managing three or four per day so far. There are so many great blogs out there I could spend hours every day reading them and never get bored.

So, let me know how you’re doing folks. Are you reaching your goals or is life getting in the way as it so often does?

14 comments:

  1. I can certainly relate to the cold. It is in the 40s here and raining - at least it is not snowing. I think that I am going to add commenting on other blogs to my list of goals as well. It is so important to support other writers and bloggers.
    Good luck staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, Thanks for stopping by. Brrr, I don't like the cold rains; I'd rather have snow.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that fire looks nice!
    Prudence, you're one of the most productive writers I know, and I'd love to interview you. I've been meaning to feature more authors on my blog. All things in good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J.R., I'd be happy to be interviewed. Just let me know when you're ready and we'll do it. You can come to my place; I'll put on a fire and we can do it over coffee. :)

      Delete
  3. That glider is in the perfect spot. Nice and warm for yarn work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics remind me of the Franklin stove I grew up with. It warmed our one story home quite nicely. Congrats on the word count. Way to go! All the best with your writing and other goals. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephen, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I wish you joy of the day!

      Delete
  5. Great job with the word count! That's great that you're able to maintain a steady pace. Keep warm and good luck with this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pup sure looks comfy! :)

    My biggest problem with goals is underestimating the time they'll take to accomplish, or its corrollary, overestimating the time I have in which to accomplish them. Congrats on doing so well with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, yep, life sure can get in the way of plans. I'm still working on a few questions for you. Soon, I promise.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear things are going so well for you. Life is feeling a bit crazy for me right now and I'm hoping things even back out soon. Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Morgan, here's hoping things settle down soon. Take care.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest