Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Writer's Goals




Hi folks, I’m back, did you miss me? Tee hee My better half had a week off so I pretty much took a week off too. We don’t get to spend nearly enough time together, so when opportunity knocks I try to be at home.

I know I missed last Wednesday’s check-in and today is a day late for Sunday’s, but at least I’m here, I’m here. Let the bells ring out and the banners fly, I know it is too good to be true, but I’m here! What, no fanfare? No cheering crowds? No dancing girls?  Sigh


Ok, enough silliness. I did manage to get a bit of writing done and I have taken a hard look at my goals. I believe it is time to make them a bit more focused on writing, which is what I do after all. So, in keeping with that idea, here’s the update.


The old Goals

1.      Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins

2.      Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers

3.      Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week

4.      I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.

5.      Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round

6.      Publish two or more short works, between five and twenty five thousand words.

The Updated goals.

1.      Blog twice each week.
Didn’t manage that this week. L

2.      Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
I did manage this one.

3.      Write at least 4K words per week.
I managed one K this morning. Great so far.

4.      Read at least one book every two weeks.
Reading “On Writing” by Stephen King and loving it. Hey, apparently I’m doing a lot of stuff right. Who knew?

Ok, Prudence the productive (I hope) is back in action.  See you Wednesday.


2 comments:

  1. I danced for you! Even wore bells! Hee hee! Glad you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was dancing here (the Boodle loves ANY chance to dance people give him). Does that count, Prudence?

    Glad you came back to the ROW80, and your goals are fine and dandy. (I would have played hooky for a week too in your place.)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest