Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, May 21, 2012

Guten Morgen




Let me tell you about some of yesterday’s adventures. There was a family gathering to attend so I set out early. It was a warm sunny day, so I spent much of the boat ride outside gazing over the rails. As I stood enjoying the view, a rather large man came up the stairs. (Read ship’s ladders, a cross between a ladder and a set of stairs with handrails. This man was overweight, in his sixties at least, and he was struggling for breath. My heart went out to him.


My pity soon vanished to be replaced with delight and wonder. As he leaned heavily on the rail, a child appeared at his side, excitedly trying to engage him. Soon another appeared and then another and another then came the adults of all ages. The old fellow beamed his joy in their company, chatted easily with the children, pointed out the whales that were feeding nearby, and generally basked in the warm glow of his loving family. This was not a man to be pitied; he was a man to envy. The whole group was a delight to watch.

 Later on my partner and I went shoe shopping. (such a hardship) K needs new shoes for work, but we weren’t having any luck. One of our favorite shoe brands has shifted its production to an offshore country and the quality has dropped dramatically; its prices haven’t. Anyway, after bombing on the work shoe hunt, K got this determined look on her face. “If I can’t have descent shoes to wear at work, then I’ll damn well have something comfortable to put on when I get home.”

Can’t argue with that logic. I watched with delight as her disappointment changed to a smile of pure pleasure when she tried on a new pair of Birkenstock sandals. Those sandals came home with us, they’ll be the first thing she puts on when she gets up, and I will greet her with a bright, “Guten Morgen, mein Liebling.”
With thanks to Google for the translation.



Now on with the goals report for ROW80

1.      Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins
I didn’t manage this one this time and am seriously considering cutting back on this to one post above.

2.      Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
This is my favorite time suck and I love it. So many great blogs, so little time. Made this, no problem.

3.      Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week
Got this and more.

4.      I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.
I’m still confident this will happen.


5.      Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round
I’m falling down on this one. I’m not allowing myself a lot of reading time for new books. I have managed to read a couple of Amanda Quick novels, but I doubt she needs the help. Tee hee

6.      Publish two or more short works, between five and twenty five thousand words.
I have about 30K words of erotic short stories that I wrote just for fun, but my editor and I was not in agreement about how to publish these. Working on it.

Okay folks, what wonderful adventures have you had this past week? Did you reach your goals? Talk to me people, it’s lonely here without you.



19 comments:

  1. Super story Prudence, you could put that man in a story. You are productive, that's very impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, you can be sure he will show up sooner or later. :) they all do eventually.

      Delete
  2. We are rich in our family and friends, Prudence, nice message! I've set a 5,000 words weekly goal I'm hoping to meet this week. Better get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed we are Sharon, and this fellow was a wealthy man. Good luck with that goal. I like it.

      Delete
  3. Guten morgen to you, too, Prudence. Glad you and K found some shoes that worked.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liv. You can never go wrong with Birks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope, one day, to be that man. Or a close female proximity. So what is this? No new shoes for you?? hee hee hee! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray you achieve that goal, honey. Nope, no shoes for me. Saw some I liked, but nothing screamed "Take me home!"

      Delete
  6. I met some of my goals, but not all. But if I were consistently meeting them all, that would mean I've set the bar too low. You're doing great! Good luck to you this week, and to K for finding some comfy shoes suitable for work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your people watching abilities! The next 2 weeks is moving-palooza, but after that we'll have to see you and K to start filling the new place with as much love and magic as is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the move honey, would love to see the new place.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the 2k+ for the week. Sounds marvelous! I also have no problem reading blogs; I have a problem not getting lost in reading too many blogs. And I am always aware that I am missing out on some great content because I simply don't have enough time to get to everyone and everything. Oh well! A good problem to have. Best wishes for a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, yeah, so many great blogs, so little time. Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  9. Aw Prudence, see that's what I like about you. You receive such pleasure out of the simple things in life. A man and his family. And the whales. Love that! But then I tend to do the same thing. LOL! You're doing great on your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the simple things in life that make it worth living, Karen.

      Delete
  10. great family the man had - great boat trip you had - and the shoes look uber comfy - smiling as always have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Speaking of shoes- I moved a year and a half ago from my house in the 'burbs, on a quiet little crescent. Spring to fall I would walk outside - around my yard, across the street - in bare feet. Now I'm downtown, upstairs duplex, no more easy stroll in bare feet. I miss that.
    Great work on those goals.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest