Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Successful Resolution



Hey there, fellow ROWers, last check-in I asked for some feedback to use as guidance in deciding on my next writing venture. I’m happy to say you didn’t disappoint. Through the comments, Twitter, and e-mails, the consensus was that the rejected manuscript should go on the shelf for now and something new should be started. I have indeed followed that sage advice. I now have the sequel to Immortal Tigress in the works, and a new romance as well. Thank you all for the support; it was extremely helpful to me. I am now happily hard at work once again.



So, on with the progress report.

1.      Blog twice each week over and above my ROW80 check-ins
I didn’t quite make this one this week.

2.      Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
I’m happy with where I am here.

3.      Write at least 2K words on a WIP each week
I now have two WIPs in the works and have managed 2K words on each.

4.      I set out to publish six novels this year. I managed three last round, and two more between rounds, so that leaves me with one more novel to publish. I will see if I can get it out this round.
This is getting sorted out and I’m feeling good about this one again.

5.      Read and review two or more first novels by new writers this round
One down, one to go here.

6.      Publish two or more short works, between five and twenty five thousand words.
One down and one to go here, but I have no worries about this one.


Well, that’s it for me for this week. How did you all do? Did you hit your targets?

5 comments:

  1. I am happy for you!! I know you are happiest when the stories flow! Oh wait, so are we all!! That's the joy of doing what triggers our passions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Prudence. Seems a sound decision especially in light of your writing progress this week. Hope your week is grand.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prudence, with how much amazing stuff you've done in getting books published and having so much work that you've accomplished, you shouldn't feel bad at all for needing to shelf a book. Not every novel has an audience other than you, but every book has a need to be written so that it is out of your head and you are able to express yourself in words. Great job on your goals! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jayrod. You know, I hadn't looked at things quite that way before. It does make sense. Thank you for sharing such keen insights with me. It helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I have been slacking. I have two new kids and my morning routine is totally fubar right now. I'll have to re-settle in and find my space for writing. I should get my new laptop soon, so that will now longer be an excuse.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest