Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Weirdness


Weirdness, sometimes it can work in your favor. Take yesterday for example. Every time you move to a new home, the closet ogres hide things from you. These things may never be seen again, no matter what you do or how hard you search. Yesterday it was my cookie cutters. I’ve had them forever, but no longer. We hunted high and low, but all to no avail.
By evening we had abandoned the search; obviously the ogres had struck again. We have a number of odd socks, three left handed gloves, and now no cookie cutters. We’re on the lookout for a one legged, one armed, closet ogre who likes to bake. She will be the one who has our stuff. Ah well.
Since I had no cookie cutters, I didn’t feel like baking. “Are you going to bake cookies anyway? K asked.
“Nope, I don’t feel like it. I guess this will help me stay on my diet,” I sulked.
“Do you mind if I bake brownies?”
“Those chocolate ones you make that are to die for?”
“Yes, I have to take some to work this week.”
“By all means, be my guest.”
“You can’t eat them, they’re for work.”
“Ok.” Deep sigh and pouty face.
Dang they smelled good coming out of the oven, but I behaved myself and left them alone. I can be strong when I have a mind to. Eventually I went to bed, but K stayed up to work on her knitting. I was almost asleep when I heard a soft voice. “Hey Sweetie, you still awake?”
“Yes, I think so.”
“Sit up in bed for a moment.”
“Ok, what’s up?”
“I just couldn’t leave you like that,” K smiled as I struggled up in the bed. She passed me a small glass of milk and one of the brownies. What can I say folks, I’m spoiled rotten and I love it. I went to sleep with a smile on my face and chocolate on my lips. Life is good.

7 comments:

  1. I really needed a good laugh tonight! Thanks for that! I'm glad you got your chocolate fix in the end, lol. What a sweetie you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! I love chocolate, and brownies in particular. But, I have to ask...did you brush your teeth after the brownie or go to bed and let the cavaties start? Maybe I'm showing my own weirdness, but it just worries me that you would skip brushing. Could be all the dental work I've had recently. A root canal will make you think twice about skipping the flossing step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Mamma Emma, I brushed my teeth. I even washed behind my ears before I went to bed. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's wonderful! Even if I were in the deepest sleep in the throes of passion with Sam Elliot, I'd forgive my lover for waking me up and giving me brownies. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I gotta ask ... these were, um, unadulterated brownies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, I couldn't have said it better. :)

    Yes Chris, unadulterated brownies. I left all the drugs and such behind in the sixties where they belong.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest