Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Evolution of a Studio

Hi folks, I have been promising a full look at the studio, so here it is, from start to occupation.

We started here, with bare ground. The land here is a thin coating of soil over stone, so we didn't even try to gig down. Here's day #1

A few days later we were at this point.

From there to here:

And then to here.

Needs a roof, so the Prudent carpenter gets to work. :)


On go the shingles.

Now to the siding.

One coat of paint plus windows and door.

Inside with electrical installed, drywall in and painted, plus shelves getting loaded.


And last, but not least, ready for the season.

Thanks for all the encouragement during the long process as K and I built the hobby studio all by ourselves. May you all enjoy a loving, gentle, and heart warming holiday season, and may the gods of prosperity smile upon you in the coming year.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing! When you mentioned that you were building a studio, I didn't realize that you were literally pulling it together from scratch. Wonderful work, and I hope that it becomes a great place for inspiration and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lena, there's an easy chair in here too, where I am now snuggled up. I wanted to post this from inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic labor of love. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. One of my good friends is handy like this, and from hanging around her, I've learned to enjoy watching a project go from start to finish. It certainly takes skill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marcy. We're tickled pink with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so charming - I'm envious! Congrats on getting it done, and doing such a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fantastic! I'm excited for you both. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed. Love the periwinkle-blue interior walls and the shelves. The final picture in the series--snow falling on the studio--would make a wonderful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I didn't realize you actually built it. I was picturing cleaning out a room in the garage. That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are amazing, building this charming studio yourselves. How cool that you took pics of each phase. I love the way it turned out. Awesome! Enjoy spending lots of creative moments in your new studio!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emma, Lyn, thanks so much for the kind words. We are thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome! And it looks like you had a lot of fun creating this lovely space.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Patricia, we did indeed have a lot of fun with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So impressed with this! Wish we had the room to do something similar. What a wonderful place to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, the gift projects have begun appearing already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so amazed you finished so quickly! That is a very substantial looking fortress, lol. I hope you enjoy many cold days staying warm and enjoying each others company in your hand-crafted studio!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks SC I plan to take the lap top out there next snowfall. :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest