Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year Resolution



This Christmas I my darling K presented me with a Kobo e-reader. As I pondered just which books to download I decided to start with a book I’d won, The Temple by Heather Marie Adkins. It was a great read; I quite enjoyed it.

At a recently spoke with another struggling author who had received a similar gift. He beamed as he told me he had installed the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe on his e-reader, with plans for more of the classics as well as some of the day’s top sellers.

Something about that bothered me. Dear old Edgar is long since dead, as are many of the authors of the classics. Don’t get me wrong here, I love many of the classics, and I once had a full hardback collection of Poe, but this is not where I want to spend my few reading dollars, not now.

I have made many wonderful writer friends on-line. These are caring and supportive people who are trying to get their work out just as I am. So, here it is, my New Year’s resolution: I, Prudence MacLeod do hereby resolve to read as many books written by my on-line peers as I can in 2012. If I like the book I will review it in my blog; if I don’t I will e-mail the author and explain why. I will not publish a bad review of anyone’s work.
I started with Heather’s book and I will start Diane Capri’s Carly’s Conspiracy this evening.

13 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful plan. I look forward to following along with your posts.
    Peace,
    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful resolution. I would like to read the books of writers I know online, too, but I don't do ebooks. Maybe I will make it my goal to find as many hard copy books of bloggers I know. That could be a good reading resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your approach is a wonderful one and you have been very respectful in your comments to me. I really appreciate you reading my work. Thank you again Prudence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful idea, Prudence, and a great way to give back to the writing community. I'm looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys, I have received so much wonderful support from all my on-line peeps; this is the only way I know to show them how much I appreciate it. You folks rock, all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing the http://www.fiftyfifty.me/ challenge, 50 books, 50 movies. I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, are you barking mad, woman? Wow, I am in awe. You go, girl, I will cheer you on. Suddenly I feel quite sane, not sure if I like that feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on ya, Pru ... I wish I could make that resolution, but the only thing I'm slower at than writing is reading. Anyway, I resolve to make 2012 a gas ... hope yours is too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're going to make a lot of authors very happy with that kind resolution!-) I hope they return the favor for you and get the chance to read your powerfully inspiring stories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Alyssa. I hope to get at least two more out in January. Wish me luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a sweetheart, Prudence; that's the same criteria I use for doing book reviews. A warning though: the caveat is that not liking a book leads to a very bad place with the author, on occasion. Best to just keep silent on those, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, good advice again, Cynthia, my friend. Ok, so if I don't like it, nobody but me will ever know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest