Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Book Review


Hi folks, we’re almost at a new year, so it is time to start something new. Santa (K) gave me a KOBO for Yule so I started my e-reader career with a book by Heather Adkins. Heather is a relatively new young writer. This lady has a world of potential. Her book is called The Temple.

When I started reading The Temple two things struck me. First, the author kept shifting into description which made the story hard to follow. Second, she has a delightful turn of phrase that made me want to keep going. By the time I was ten pages in, I was hooked.

The Temple is a story of a young woman leaving home and country to start a new life. That life comes with new challenges, friends, lovers, and desires. I won’t spoil the story by telling you about it, but I will tell you the characters are great and easy to identify with, both beautiful, perfect, and yet flawed and familiar.

The Temple is an early effort for Heather and it shows great promise. This young lady is an author to watch, she is destined for great success. So, without further ado, here’s the book and URL. Check it out, you’ll be glad you did.


Cover for 'The Temple'

2 comments:

  1. I adore this book as well as the author. She's one of those that writes with such grace I want to read every sentence over and over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jack. Yes, grace is the word I wanted to describe her turn of phrase.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest