Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Excited

Excited
I am so excited, really. Just like every child in the land these days, but for a different reason. I want K to come home early from work so I can show off what I have done. What have I done? Well I’ll tell you.
Some of you have been following the progress of the studio as it marched from the dirt in August to a secure snug building in November. Well, I’ve been steadily puttering away at the inside for weeks now, as the cash flow allowed. The electrician has been here, I hung the dry wall myself, managed an Ok job on the plaster and last weekend I painted it. K chose the colors (three walls in light purple and one in deep purple, the ceiling left in white)
Yesterday I managed to get the floor tiled. I did a pretty darn good job, if I do say so myself. So, today, the big day. Today I installed the base boards, the crown trim, and the door casings. I then carried all the heavy stuff from under the house so she wouldn’t have to go into the hobbit hole. (she keeps banging her noggin) All she has to do now is start setting it up.

Ok, so this is just a picture of the outside, but as soon as K has it all set up and we have the Christmas lights on it, there will be more pictures.  I may even do a post of pictures that chronicles the whole process from start to finish. As for now… I’m so excited, I can’t wait for her to get home from work. Ahhhh!

18 comments:

  1. Goodness Prudence, you have been busy! What a nice idea for a studio. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy. Yes, this one started out to be a garden shed, but since the cottage is too small to have a hobby room in it, and I have always made one for her, the shed morphed into a hobby studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jamie, I'll take that as high praise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I love those little cottage like studio/work rooms/garden sheds! I'm inspired just looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Coleen. We're pretty pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That look SO good! I can't believe you made that from scratch! I'm so excited for you to finish up so you can show the rest off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, Pru ... but I'm concerned about the foundation ... those winds off Conception Bay can be pretty strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alyssa, yep, we are multi talented girls. I think I will post a full series of pics once K has it set up the way she wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Chris, already thought of that. We are in a protected area so we don't get those big winds, but we anchored it down and closed in the foundation anyway. It will take a pretty big wind to blow us away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that looks very cozy! You're so multi-talented. Can't wait to see the inside decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now it's party time!!! Break out the fizzy lifting drinks and the snozberries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been a busy girl Prudence!

    Drywall hanging and plastering? Whoa.

    It's looking good! Can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe thanks folks, I will post more pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the studio and can't wait to see the start-to-finish pictures. Do you ever rest, Prudence?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rest? Sure, every day. Actually this studio has been a labor of love for me. In every home we've had I have managed to make a hobby space for K. Usually that just means decorating etc. This time I had to start from scratch.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest